Is Hyde Managing for the #1 Pick or to be fired?

section18

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think these are all the pitchers who pitched for both the 2018 and '19 Orioles:

Pitcher 2018 IP 2018 HR 2018 HR/9 2019 IP 2019 HR 2019 HR/9 Delta League Delta
Bundy 171.6 41 2.2 154.6 28 1.6 0.5 -0.25
Means 3.3 1 2.7 143 21 1.3 1.4 -0.25
Cashner 153 25 1.5 96.3 11 1.0 0.4 -0.25
Hess 103.3 22 1.9 77 28 3.3 -1.4 -0.25
Givens 76.6 4 0.5 59.3 12 1.8 -1.4 -0.25
Castro 86.3 9 0.9 72.3 10 1.2 -0.3 -0.25
Fry 37.6 1 0.2 54.6 5 0.8 -0.6 -0.25
Bleier 32.6 0 0.0 48 5 0.9 -0.9 -0.25
Yacabonis 40 8 1.8 41 9 2.0 -0.2 -0.25
Scott 53.3 6 1.0 23 4 1.6 -0.6 -0.25
Phillips 5.3 2 3.4 23.3 2 0.8 2.6 -0.25
Wright 84.3 12 1.3 13.3 5 3.4 -2.1 -0.25
Cobb 152.3 24 1.4 12.3 9 6.6 -5.2 -0.25
Ramirez 65.3 11 1.5 10.3 2 1.7 -0.2 -0.25
Total 1064.8 166 1.4 828.3 151 1.6 -0.2 -0.25

In 2018 they allowed 1.4 homers per nine.  In 2019 they allowed 1.6.  But the league as a whole gave up 0.25 more homers per nine than last year, so the returning Orioles actually improved relative to league.

Fantastic work.    So it’s basically a product of the pitchers who were added this year doing worse than the pitchers who were here last year, but left.   Can’t really put that on the coaching staff.    

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, atomic said:

LOL.  I am looking at Baseball Reference.  Look under contracts.  I think you owe me an apology.  I have never ever posted anything misleading or false to prove a point.

I think you are missing some players.  Zach Greinke makes $34 million a year.  Traded mid-season.  Your information is out of date. 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/houston-astros/payroll/

I'm done with you. You obviously don't even understand how this all works and I don't have the time to argue with a brick wall.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

No. I suspect you take 16 away from 56, its 40 and divide by 2, you get $20 a million per year. Which is what Tony-OH was trying to tell you, that you was posting information as if it was fact, and it wasnt

Exactly, You can't claim the Astros are paying "mulitple" pitchers over $30 million a year when the monies they received to take on those contracts bring the prices they actually are paying significantly under those amounts. The facts don't match his agenda so he just keeps on throwing out untrue facts as facts.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Well that is good to know.  Instead of accusing me of purposely falsifying information a correction would be all it takes. I am not sure whatever I post is thought of as trolling or misleading.  If I am wrong I admit as much. 

We will wait with bated breath until this happens. Haven't seen it yet no matter how many times you've been proven wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/houston-astros/payroll/

I'm done with you. You obviously don't even understand how this all works and I don't have the time to argue with a brick wall.

I am not sure why you can't apologize. I said I got the information from Baseball Reference.  And that they had the wrong information.  You accused me of purposely posting false information.  Which I certainly did not. I am sure if I accused you of doing that you would ban me.  

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We will wait with bated breath until this happens. Haven't seen it yet no matter how many times you've been proven wrong. 

I just said I was wrong about the figures.  I admit I am wrong all the time.  I admitted to Frobby I was wrong about Manny's contract for example.  You were wrong about me putting up false information on purpose. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I am not sure why you can't apologize. I said I got the information from Baseball Reference.  And that they had the wrong information.  You accused me of purposely posting false information.  Which I certainly did not. I am sure if I accused you of doing that you would ban me.  

Ok fine, I apologize that I said you were knowingly providing false information.

Instead, it appears you are not aware enough to understand how this works and you take the lazy way out by providing misleading and incomplete data to support your agenda. 

13 hours ago, section18 said:

I've tried to give Hyde the benefit of the doubt all season and in my opinion he has cost us at least 10 or more games so far with poor decisions. He cannot handle a pitching staff and the team is lacking in fundamentals. He openly admits it in his post game comments. Too many mental errors.  Does he deserve to return? I would have said yes back in July but now I have my doubts. Rebuilding I think we are all on board with but managing is a different story. He doesn't seem like an Elias kind of guy. He has the broom out.  Will Elias extend it to the manager and coaches?

Why should he be fired? Did he really have a fair chance with the team he had? 

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Ok fine, I apologize that I said you were knowingly providing false information.

Instead, it appears you are not aware enough to understand how this works and you take the lazy way out by providing misleading and incomplete data to support your agenda. 

I don't see why there has to be an insult.  I was not lazy. I did not know that site.  Your argument would much stronger if you just provided the facts instead of the attacks on me.   

The Astro's GM seems to very good at making deals to acquire top tier pitching. 

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Here's something to consider, Steve Wilkerson's FIP of 7.71 is better than:

Dan Strailey (47.2 IP)
Josh Rogers (14.1 IP)
Mike Wright (13.1 IP)
Alex Cobb (12.1 IP)
Taylor Scott (7.2 IP)
Luis Ortiz (3.1 IP)
Sean Gilmartin (2.1 IP)
Pedro Araujo (0.2 IP) 

That 101.2 IP (11 games worth) of pitching worse than a position player from actual professional pitchers. 

But some us want to string up the manager and pitching coaches because of the pitching performance?

...here comes the "a good manager would have converted Wilkerson to a full time pitcher" argument. This is beyond ridiculous. Even if Hyde made some questionable decisions why waste the time and resources looking for a new manager anyway? Even if they bring Casey Stengal back from the dead it's not going to make a difference next year. We're in for at least another season of excruciatingly painful baseball.

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't see why there has to be an insult.  I was not lazy. I did not know that site.  Your argument would much stronger if you just provided the facts instead of the attacks on me.   

Stop trying to be a victim and take the time to research things right. As i said, this is the big league of Orioles talk. Step it up or stop trying to at like your are so right when you don't know how to research and analyze the information at hand.

We get more complaints over you then any other poster and more and more people have you on block. Maybe you need to look inward instead of playing victim when I call you out.

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

...all those acquisitions were made after the rebuild was complete. We're not there yet. 

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Stop trying to be a victim and take the time to research things right. As i said, this is the big league of Orioles talk. Step it up or stop trying to at like your are so right when you don't know how to research and analyze the information at hand.

We get more complaints over you then any other poster and more and more people have you on block. Maybe you need to look inward instead of playing victim when I call you out.

If you call me out for things I have done I have no issue with it.  But I don't lie to win an argument.   If you said I was wrong I have no issue with it and value the information.  I am if you or anyone else on here was accused  of purposely lying to further an agenda they would take great offense to it. 

20 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

...here comes the "a good manager would have converted Wilkerson to a full time pitcher" argument. This is beyond ridiculous. Even if Hyde made some questionable decisions why waste the time and resources looking for a new manager anyway? Even if they bring Casey Stengal back from the dead it's not going to make a difference next year. We're in for at least another season of excruciatingly painful baseball.

I think it wouldn't make any sense at all to replace Hyde.  You go into the season expecting to be at the bottom of the standings.  You are at the bottom of the standings. We aren't going to try and compete for the playoffs next season. I think it would just confuse the players and the fans if you fired Hyde.  

Also Hyde wasn't hired until December 14th. He wasn't able to pick his coaches from his top choices at such a late date.  If Elias has any issues with any of Hyde's coaching decisions it would be better for him just to communicate those issues. 

32 minutes ago, atomic said:

Enough of this. Take it offline if you want to argue with Tony. He allowed you to slither off once again. No one else here is interested. 

Archived