DL Hall the Number One Carolina League Prospect per BA

Absltgreek

What I wrote on July 25th about him after watching him live..

Rodriguez is a funky delivery fastball-slider guy who can throw strikes with both pitches. His fastball sits a pretty solid 92-94 though he touched 95. there's a little life in the end but he does a good job or using around the edges of the zone. His slider gets more downward action though there is some break as well. He likes to use it low in the zone and gets a lot of swings over the pitch from New York Penn League batters. His slider is typically in the 82-84 range though he flashed an 87 MPH wipe out slider that was a plus pitch once.

His change is firm and straight and he doesn't  have any feel for the pitch. He's a pretty good athlete for his size and is unafraid to shake off his catcher and call his catcher out to talk if he wants to talk over something despite his limited English.

Is he a guy for me? I'll say he's interesting enough to keep a watch on but he definitely has a reliever profile for me. If he can sit 95-96 as a reliever and that slider can bump to the 85-87 range, he suddenly gets a potential late inning reliever. 

He'll be in consideration for the top 30 no doubt. Right now I think he's in the 20-30 range but can rise or fall still over the last month.

• Upvote 2