Orioles’ Chris Davis and wife Jill make record donation to University of Maryland Children’s Hospital

Going Underground

Has ties to the hospital. 

Chris and Jill Davis launched their newest venture at Tuesday morning's annual Orioles holiday party -- at which the team this year hosted 80 children who had been previously treated at the UMCH – announcing their new partnership with the hospital.

"For Chris and Jill to be involved really brings us more recognition because they do such amazing things in the community and he does amazing things on the field," said Vicki Tepper, associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. "So they will be able to highlight us and with that partnership hopefully bring more attention to the life-saving work we do every day."

Working with the hospital seemed to be a natural fit, especially since the couple became parents two years ago. Jill Davis also worked as a nurse at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-orioles-chris-davis-and-his-wife-to-partner-with-university-of-maryland-children-s-hospital-20161213-story.html

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/09/06/orioles-chris-davis-visits-university-of-maryland-childrens-hospital/

• Upvote 1

Just now, Going Underground said:

Chris and Jill Davis launched their newest venture at Tuesday morning's annual Orioles holiday party -- at which the team this year hosted 80 children who had been previously treated at the UMCH – announcing their new partnership with the hospital.

"For Chris and Jill to be involved really brings us more recognition because they do such amazing things in the community and he does amazing things on the field," said Vicki Tepper, associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. "So they will be able to highlight us and with that partnership hopefully bring more attention to the life-saving work we do every day."

Working with the hospital seemed to be a natural fit, especially since the couple became parents two years ago. Jill Davis also worked as a nurse at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-orioles-chris-davis-and-his-wife-to-partner-with-university-of-maryland-children-s-hospital-20161213-story.html

thank you.

as the child of a premature baby that is now a full grown adult.

Children Hospitals have a special place in my heart.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, weams said:

A good place to the Angelos money to go. 

25 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/09/06/orioles-chris-davis-visits-university-of-maryland-childrens-hospital/

Whatever ties to the hospital is supposed to mean.  He and Jill certainly have precious ties to the hospital now, and as long as the hospital is there.  They learned what the truism,      it is more blessed to give than to receive,      really means.  

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Wow Weamsey! I’m really surprised.

This is a real nice gesture from Chris. Despite his baseball struggles and lack of return on investment by the Orioles. The two should be judged separately.

I think it is a very good gesture. I am very happy they chose for the money to go there.  I hope they end up being even more charitable. 

2 hours ago, Oriole1940 said:

Whatever ties to the hospital is supposed to mean.  He and Jill certainly have precious ties to the hospital now, and as long as the hospital is there.  They learned what the truism,      it is more blessed to give than to receive,      really means.  

I think that both Underground and myself feel that this is a good gesture and a excellent place for that money to go. Many folks wish that Chris would take a discount to walk away. I am  more than willing to look at this as a fine step that way.  A great cause in the local area.  I have no desire to have money refunded to the Angelos family.