Orioles Payroll Frustration - Humor is the Best Medicine

wildbillhiccup

Since the Orioles continue to slash payroll I though it might be a good idea to start a thread that allowed us to channel our frustrations in a more of a positive way. So give me your best analogy, metaphors, puns, limericks, etc. in regards to the teams ever shrinking payroll. And lets see if humor is in fact the best medicine.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Since the Orioles continue to slash payroll I though it might be a good idea to start a thread that allowed us to channel our frustrations in a more of a positive way. So give me your best analogy, metaphors, puns, limericks, etc. in regards to the teams ever shrinking payroll. And lets see if humor is in fact the best medicine.

I'd rather be last with the team paying 45 million. Short lines and Good minors.

Than be last paying a billion. With great fashion and and diners.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm playing along with the joke here but in reality I support what Elias is doing 100% and I think most of the fans on this message board are in the same boat.  Overpaying for mediocrity is only going to prolong the problems.  The system needed a total gutting and rebuild from the ground up, which we are seeing now.   It will pay off in good time.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Really don't get the obsession on the payroll.  Sure, it's low.  But we all know what's going on here.

What would we prefer?  A bloated payroll for a team that'll win 70 games?  We've been there before, that's not fun.  

I have not problem with it (aside from cutting FanFest), but to be honest I'm sick of reading about other people complaining about it (i.e., suggesting we sign free agents, etc.) I'd much rather read joke-related content. 

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Yeah I'm playing along with the joke here but in reality I support what Elias is doing 100% and I think most of the fans on this message board are in the same boat.  Overpaying for mediocrity is only going to prolong the problems.  The system needed a total gutting and rebuild from the ground up, which we are seeing now.   It will pay off in good time.  

I don't know...I'm seen quite a few posts suggesting they sign FAs this offseason. If people honestly believe that's the right approach then they're not on board with the rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

I agree the fans get it, the trolls just want to stir the pot and incite others.