O's to hire Eve Rosenbaum as Director of Baseball Development

Greg Pappas

55 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Uh...what about Elias being involved with the cheating scandal? I don't think Elias was since he was more focused on player development and minor league operations. 

That's what he said, and I'll take it at face value.  Same with Sid Mejdal.  I find it odd that he was ready to leave baseball- before Elias got this job I think he knows more than we think.  

In any case, it sounds like Rosenbaum worked under Elias so he has someone he is familiar with in charge of something he is close to.  Looks to be a good hire for me. 

3 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

That's what he said, and I'll take it at face value.  Same with Sid Mejdal.  I find it odd that he was ready to leave baseball- before Elias got this job I think he knows more than we think.  

In any case, it sounds like Rosenbaum worked under Elias so he has someone he is familiar with in charge of something he is close to.  Looks to be a good hire for me. 

Could you link me to where Sig said he was going to leave or where Elias said he wasn't involved with the cheating scandal? Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Darkhawk said:

Could you link me to where Sig said he was going to leave or where Elias said he wasn't involved with the cheating scandal? Thanks in advance. 

Elias’ statement is quoted here:   

But let’s keep this thread about Rosenbaum.     The linked thread is a great place to discuss the sign stealing issue.

Rosenbaum looks like a solid hire.