O's to hire Eve Rosenbaum as Director of Baseball Development

Greg Pappas

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Well, Andy was here from mid-2007 through 2011 and never had a winning record.   And he wasn’t left the mess that Elias inherited, IMO.   DD inherited a team that was far ahead of what Elias inherited, with a number of good players just hitting their prime.    

That said, here’s what I’m hoping to see:

2020 - Maybe only minimal improvement in the W-L, but some interesting younger players getting a lot of playing time.   

2021 - Significant improvement in the W-L, but not really expecting a winning season.    A fair number of interesting players reaching the majors, including hopefully Rutschman.    

2022 -  Very good shot at a winning record, as young pitching begins to ripen.    Hopefully a full year from DL Hall, maybe a partial year from Grayson Rodriguez.   

2023 - Hopefully a contending team.

Lots could happen to detail or accelerate that timetable.   

Frobby, I concede, but it sure seam to me the Orioles pre Andy was a hot mess. 5 or 6 guys playing SS in a single season that had no business playing.

They did have Bedard and lucky, Andy was able to get top dollar for him, before he collapsed.

Syd, and the host behind him, did lots of damage.

Heck, no FA wanted to play here, if at all possible.

28 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Frobby, I concede, but it sure seam to me the Orioles pre Andy was a hot mess. 5 or 6 guys playing SS in a single season that had no business playing.

That was during Andy’s tenure, the year after he traded Miguel Tejada.    

Obviously it was a bad team, but he did have Bedard and Tejada as trade chips and Markakis and Roberts as building blocks, and Wieters had just been drafted.    Mora and Guthrie were pretty decent assets, too.   And he didn’t have a Davis-size contract hanging over his head, or even a Cobb-sized contract.   He did inherit a few bad reliever contracts, but they were relatively small potatoes.