Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If he's cheap enough, Gausman would be a good guy to go get this offseason and then see what he looks like in a relief role.

I would agree, but my only hesitation is that the rotation is going to be so bad that eventually it would end up feeling like we should just give the guy some starts. I think if he's  going to be a pure reliever going forward, it probably wouldn't be in Baltimore where he used to be at the top of the rotation. 

If I had to guess, he'll go to Toronto.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure how much trade value either player has, but I think it's pretty clear almost no one is off the table, to include Mancini if the offer is right.

As many holes in this team, I would not image anybody is untouchable, if the right offer is made.

Hopefully, we can get production out of some of these guys.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I would agree, but my only hesitation is that the rotation is going to be so bad that eventually it would end up feeling like we should just give the guy some starts. I think if he's  going to be a pure reliever going forward, it probably wouldn't be in Baltimore where he used to be at the top of the rotation. 

If I had to guess, he'll go to Toronto.

But this is where we have to trust that everything the Orioles are doing fits their strategic objectives. I've always thought Gausman could be a great late inning reliever with his fastball, change combination. If we could get him under a million, why not? Might be able to flip him if he pitches well.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

But this is where we have to trust that everything the Orioles are doing fits their strategic objectives. I've always thought Gausman could be a great late inning reliever with his fastball, change combination. If we could get him under a million, why not? Might be able to flip him if he pitches well.

Absolutely. From a baseball perspective, I'm totally on board with that. I just don't know if Gausman has any option at all, that he would choose to come back to Baltimore.  

16 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

His salary jumped to $9.35M last season.  What kind of deal does anyone think he will get this year?

Good question and I guess it depends on who thinks he has what left in the tank. He was released and non-tendered this year. Somebody will probably  give him something more than the Orioles should, but if they could get him as a NRI or on a cheap, Nate Karns like deal, they should do it and move in the bullpen.

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Good question and I guess it depends on who thinks he has what left in the tank. He was released and non-tendered this year. Somebody will probably  give him something more than the Orioles should, but if they could get him as a NRI or on a cheap, Nate Karns like deal, they should do it and move in the bullpen.

I think he’ll get more than what you have in mind.