The King Astros is dead long live the King?

Philip

So the Astros have lost some key players, including some mighty pitching. The Yankees( pattooie) have added and are going to add some more.

Are the Astros done? They can’t be called AL favorites at the moment. They may not even be AL West favorites(Anaheim, Oakland, maybe even Texas, if they add a couple more solid players.) They should have won in ‘19, and despite cheating, they probably deserved to win in ‘17 as well. But three straight ALCS appearances and one WS win sure seems like a poor return for the years of suffering,

So here’s the question: the Astros remain good but are they still the division/league team to beat?

and if not, what mistakes did they make we need to avoid?

The Astros have won 311 games and been in two world series in the last three years.  It seems like a great return for being the worst team in baseball for three years (11-13).

In addition, Yordan Alvarez is a little more than half a year into his MLB career.

Kyle Tucker is a potential star that has barely started his MLB star.

Forrest Whitley has been the most acclaimed pitching prospect is baseball for the last three years and has yet to start his MLB career.

They have a ton of other interesting pitcher prospects plus Abraham Toro waiting for an opportunity.

14 hours ago, Philip said:

So the Astros have lost some key players, including some mighty pitching. The Yankees( pattooie) have added and are going to add some more.

Are the Astros done? They can’t be called AL favorites at the moment. They may not even be AL West favorites(Anaheim, Oakland, maybe even Texas, if they add a couple more solid players.) They should have won in ‘19, and despite cheating, they probably deserved to win in ‘17 as well. But three straight ALCS appearances and one WS win sure seems like a poor return for the years of suffering,

So here’s the question: the Astros remain good but are they still the division/league team to beat?

and if not, what mistakes did they make we need to avoid?

I know I would be happy with that and I think most O's fans would be too.

2 hours ago, POR said:

The Astros have won 311 games and been in two world series in the last three years.  It seems like a great return for being the worst team in baseball for three years (11-13).

In addition, Yordan Alvarez is a little more than half a year into his MLB career.

Kyle Tucker is a potential star that has barely started his MLB star.

Forrest Whitley has been the most acclaimed pitching prospect is baseball for the last three years and has yet to start his MLB career.

They have a ton of other interesting pitcher prospects plus Abraham Toro waiting for an opportunity.  

Also, if McCullers can return to form it’ll go a long way towards stabilizing the rotation.

• Like 1

Seems to me that you’re shoveling dirt on the Astros way too early.    I expect them to win 90+ games and be dangerous in the postseason.    I do think the Yankees will the the favorites in the AL.   

I’d gladly take the Astros’ results over Luhnow’s years with the team for the Orioles over Elias’ first 7 years.    And I see no reason to think the Astros will be back in collapse mode any time soon.