Maryland at Illinois

MurphDogg

I have a new theory about why Maryland starts off slow:  because they're always positive on foul shots, and they don't foul as much in general as opposing teams, they start recovering points toward the end of the half, when players need to be benched for foul trouble, and when they hit the bonus.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Nice win. Terps on a roll. Gotta give Turgeon some credit (yes I said that) for making some adjustments at half defensively.

He made the adjustments with about 9 minutes left in the first half.  Illinois torched us for like 29 points in the first 10 minutes.

Turgeon has this team believing, I think that is important.  And they are motivated - which in my opinion is the number one job of any coach, to get the team mentally ready and giving full effort.  People may not like the offensive sets at times, and that's fair, but I do  think the criticism of him has been a little exaggerated. 

Now of course, if the Terps come out flat in March, we will be back to talking about how Turgeon can't draw an offensive play to save his life haha.  From what I see there is definite flow to the offense and guy are playing together.  When you hit shots everything looks better.  And the defense has been absolutely stellar.  All that helping, rotating, and boxing out - that comes from preaching it in practice.

Edited by Oriole4Life