Orioles Lose Spring Opener 5-0

weams

6 hours ago, Going Underground said:

You need way more then one gane fir any real takeaways. The one that  does scare me from last year is Santander.He had no plate discipline after his call up and hot spell.Hopefully he will adjust. 

He had a shoulder labrum injury supposedly. 

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Does anyone really think that Shepherd, Blach and Zastryzny are going to make the 26 man roster?   Probably the biggest thing that happened for the O's today is that Carroll in off to a good beginning to compete for a bullpen spot.   There is a long way to go to decide the O's OD roster.

Zastryzny had a real nice breaking ball. Not Sure if it was a curve or slider cuz ATL network didn't have radar. Way down and in to the rightys.

1 hour ago, weams said:

[Santander] had a shoulder labrum injury supposedly. 

I didn't know that. :( Hope it's supposedly not true. He's not a pitcher but that's REALLY bad for any player. Shoulders can't be fixed at all, only helped (a VERY little.) Very little like to say their POST-career life won't be terrible. Once the labrum is sprung they're finished. Trust me! My pathetic golf game now proves it. I can't hit a ball out of my own shadow. I couldn't throw out the first pitch from the rubber. I can't throw a ball that far anymore...

• Like 1

From Joe Trezza:

Remember the mysterious injury that sidelined Anthony Santander last September? Right labrum inflammation, which he spent the winter treating. No surgery was required, but Santander did arrive in Sarasota three weeks ago to squash it for good. He won't be limited this spring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Good to see everyone here is in mid-season form. Might want to stop watching for a few weeks, it's gonna be a grind.

I am in mid- season form.Got my buzzer and a new better sounding trashcan.I guess I am Trashcan man from the Stand

I swear he had no name

Come on down

And meet your maker

Come on down 

And we'll make the Stand.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Besides major injuries, nothing will happen until about May 15th that will meaningfully add to our knowledge of baseball.

Say whaaaaaaaa?  Perhaps but stay tuned here on the O H for meaningful additions to our "enjoyment" of baseball!  ⚾ ?