MLB: Meet Yusniel DIaz

weams

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/yusniel-diaz-personality-q-and-a

MLB.com: What is your go-to vacation spot?

Díaz: Jamaica. I really like visiting different places.

MLB.com: Who is your baseball role model?

Díaz: Andrew McCutchen and Mike Trout.

MLB.com: What is your favorite Minor League city so far?

Díaz: I am hopeful [Triple-A] Norfolk ... maybe I will really like it there.

MLB.com: What is the best meal you can cook?

Díaz: I can make good omelets and salads also.

MLB.com: What is your best baseball memory?

Díaz: I have some really good memories [from] Cuba before I started playing professionally. Also, when I signed and afterwards in the Minors.

MLB.com: Did you have a childhood nickname?

Díaz: ‘El Jupe.’ In Cuba, from what I heard, there is a fish with that name. Maybe I look like it; I am not sure.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I was planning a trip to Aruba last summer, and before I had settled on that destination I asked at least two dozen people where they had been in the Caribbean and would recommend— Jamaica stood out as one that people did NOT recommend. 

Maybe that's based on corporate Jamaica. Yu probably is going to the nitty gritty parts of Jamaica, where real natives live. Anthony Bourdain LOVED it there. Get off the beaten touristy track.

14 hours ago, scOtt said:

Maybe that's based on corporate Jamaica. Yu probably is going to the nitty gritty parts of Jamaica, where real natives live. Anthony Bourdain LOVED it there. Get off the beaten touristy track.

I'm also planning a vacation to the Caribbean this year and if I was to go to Jamaica (which I'm definitely not) it would only be to corporate Jamaica where I could hide behind guarded fences. There is definitely a violent crime problem there...stay safe Mr. Diaz.

https://www.osac.gov/Country/Jamaica/Content/Detail/Report/1d98b2df-fd4b-485f-aa62-15f4aed245ef

Totally off-topic and I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, but Snutchy, we just named a cat Snutchy (inspired by your posts here).   Hope you don't hate cats!

By the way, a simple web search showed your posts at OH as among the top results for a search on "Snutchy", so it appears that you've cornered the market on that name.  Except for our cat.

I'll try to post something more worthy next time.