Servideo on Crabcakes, Bleach Blonde hair, and more! (UPDATE: Signs for $950K 100k overslot)

Roll Tide

43 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

The class as a whole still came in $222,000 under slot.

Per Spotrac, among the 19 teams who have signed all of their picks, the Orioles join the Mariners ($304,400), Braves ($131,000) and Pirates ($87,100) as the only teams to go more than $7,300 under slot.

8 teams went more than $191,000 over slot. Led by the Tigers at $615,900 over.

Baumler's number still isn't confirmed on Spotrac, FWIW

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, makoman said:

Frankly, I don't care. In a draft where 3 of their 6 picks went over slot, 2 significantly so, I don't care. Particularly assuming they "loved" Haskin (as @weams said, I think), and also since they clearly liked Westburg quite a bit as they could have had anyone drafted later in his spot instead of risking waiting for Mayo/Baumler. I'm just not convinced the $200k would have gotten them anyone that they considered better.

If anyone wants to care though, I don't mind, go for it.

It is a very opaque process, hopefully the baseball guys got who they wanted and weren't given a lower cap than the pool by ownership.

With the draft being the most efficient way to spend money, all things being equal, I would prefer they spend close to 105 percent of their pool every year like the Dodgers do.

But it is also possible that they aren't blowing smoke when they say that these are the six guys they wanted. Ultimately it is unlikely we would ever find out either way.

• Upvote 3

On 7/5/2020 at 6:56 AM, Roll Tide said:

Interesting thanks.... The food wholesalers tell you where the product is coming from. I am from Maryland and have lived here most of my life. So I get what you are saying.

My only complaint with places like G&M, Timbuktu, Pappis, Fratelli’s etc is that there is no where near enough Old Bay in the mixture for my liking.

I don’t boil crabs, put Old Bay on popcorn or own a microwave. 

I like Old Bay on Wings, Fried Chicken, Shrimp, Shrimp Salad, Crabs, Crab Cakes, and I put it in my corn in the cob on the cob water.

Pappis crabs cakes are terrible as well. 

I am very happy we signed all our picks.    I hope we’ll be able to look back in 5 years and say it was a great haul.    Meanwhile I’m looking forward to seeing how they all do.     I wish we could get a look at them this summer, but alas, we’ll have to wait.   

2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I thought Mayo's bonus was more recently reported to be $1.775MM, not the $1.75MM that was originally claimed.

Mayo, who resides in Coral Springs, signed for $1.775 million on Tuesday, July 7th at 3:00 p.m., which is over the slot value of $565,600 for the 103rd pick. 

-https://parklandtalk.com/mayo-inks-deal-with-baltimore-orioles-8412

Even back on June 16 at mlb.com, per Joe Trezza" "Though the Orioles have not confirmed the deal because it is pending a physical, Mayo acknowledged an agreement is in place. It is reportedly worth $1.775 million, according to MLB Network’s Jon Heyman, well above the $565,600 slot value for the 103th overall pick."

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

The class as a whole still came in $222,000 under slot.

Per Spotrac, among the 19 teams who have signed all of their picks, the Orioles join the Mariners ($304,400), Braves ($131,000) and Pirates ($87,100) as the only teams to go more than $7,300 under slot.

8 teams went more than $191,000 over slot. Led by the Tigers at $615,900 over.

Maybe the Orioles are actually $28,000 over slot, if the Mayo bonus had been counted as $1.75MM instead of the $1.775MM that it appears is the correct amount he received.

EDIT: Corrected by makoman below: $25k puts the team at $197k under slot, assuming that Mayo's bonus was miscounted. Thanks makoman.

19 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Maybe the Orioles are actually $28,000 over slot, if the Mayo bonus had been counted as $1.75MM instead of the $1.775MM that it appears is the correct amount he received.

You’re off a decimal place. 1.775M is $25,000 more than 1.75M. 

• Upvote 2