Is the 30 man roster set?

wildcard

10 minutes ago, Philip said:

Not for the first time has it occurred to me that Shawn Armstrong Must get on his knees every morning and think our sweet Savior that Seattle didn’t want him, because here he has a job.

I guess he’s not giving 100% of his 40%. Or is he only giving 40% of his 100%?

2 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I guess he’s not giving 100% of his 40%. Or is he only giving 40% of his 100%?

Not my job to tutor you in math, my boy, nor to spend any time over completely irrelevant comments.

And so I wont…

I've been out of the loop a bit lately. Are we expecting guys like Mountcastle, Akin, Zimmerman, and Kremer to get time on the big league squad this season?  Or is the plan to delay their service clock? 

If the plan is developing them, I would think playing on the big league roster is better than not playing at all in 2020. 

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I've been out of the loop a bit lately. Are we expecting guys like Mountcastle, Akin, Zimmerman, and Kremer to get time on the big league squad this season?  Or is the plan to delay their service clock? 

If the plan is developing them, I would think playing on the big league roster is better than not playing at all in 2020. 

At the moment Zimmerman isn't in the 60 man player pool, though of course he could always be added.  The other three are.   But Akin and Kremer have already been sent to the taxi squad camp in Bowie and Mountcastle will almost certainly join them before Opening Day.

So none of them will start the season in the majors, but yeah I think we will probably see most of them at some point this year.  The most likely being Mountcastle.

16 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Rules require a catcher on the Taxi Squad.

If that's the case, I'm not sure I bother carrying three catchers. Maybe for the 30-man, but definitely dropping one the first time the roster contracts. I get the demand of the position, but I'm not sure having that much protection is needed given it's one position out of 10. I get you could potentially use a catcher in the DH spot, but not sure any of our catchers have shown we need to keep their bats in the lineup when they're not behind the dish.