Wilkerson breaks finger will miss significant time

Roll Tide

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Yet Elias and Hyde were still probably going to put him on the team.

You don't know that. He was waived at least once and no one wanted him.  He isn't on the 40 man roster.  I am not sure why you are sure he would make the team.  He is a negative WAR player I am not sure why you want him on the team other than trying to lose as many games as possible. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Tough break for Stevie.    I think Elias/Hyde would have put him on the OD roster had he not gotten hurt.  They valued his versatility.    He is a platoon player.  783 OPS vs righties last year and could not hit lefties.   His overall OPS does not show his value to the team.

Will Herrera be better?  My guess is we will find out unless Elias finds someone on the waiver wire he likes better.

Tough break?  I see what you did there.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, hard to argue with this. Tough break for him but Velazquez gives the same defensive versatility  plus the ability to play SS effectively, soemthing Wilkerson could not really do. Velazquez also brings more speed but I'll give Wilkerson the pitching edge. :D

His circle change was a thing to behold!

hi-res-00a69c8f9cf9526bcbf46a00d03c0599_

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, atomic said:

You don't know that. He was waived at least once and no one wanted him.  He isn't on the 40 man roster.  I am not sure why you are sure he would make the team.  He is a negative WAR player I am not sure why you want him on the team other than trying to lose as many games as possible. 

Its not what I want.   Its what was projected that Elias/Hyde were going to do.  Put Wilkerson on the 30 man roster.

What I want is Manny Machado as a utility man for the O's because everyone on the team is better than him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomic said:

He might be the worst player in the major leagues last season other than Chris Davis. But whatever.  I guy who is a bad fielder at every position.  Had a very low OBP even against right handed pitchers. 

Hate to tell you, but you are so wrong.

Do some research, they are quite a few sorry players from last season, worse than Stevie. But, hell, dont let facts get in your way of dumping on somebody.

32 Position players with a worse WAR.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, hard to argue with this. Tough break for him but Velazquez gives the same defensive versatility  plus the ability to play SS effectively, soemthing Wilkerson could not really do. Velazquez also brings more speed but I'll give Wilkerson the pitching edge. :D

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/dont-sleep-on-chico/

#LetSteviePitch #DrPooPoo #LetChico Hit

13 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Do some research, they are quite a few sorry players from last season, worse than Stevie. But, hell, dont let facts get in your way of dumping on somebody.

Richie Martin had worse WAR than Wilkerson but I would argue that Martin was the better player. WAR is not a definitive stat.

35 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I agree with you in essence, he wasn’t the worst player in major-league baseball, and I don’t think he was even the worst player on our team, and I think Mr. atomic is dumping on him unjustifiably, but he’s not really anything to write home about.

I was asking myself why I like watching guys like Stevie, or Flaherty, and loathe watching some others.

Those guys are fun to watch. I enjoy them. There’s a personality in their play that isn’t present in some other guys, and so, on a team like this, I’m very happy watching guys that I enjoy.

26 minutes ago, atomic said:

Richie Martin had worse WAR than Wilkerson but I would argue that Martin was the better player. WAR is not a definitive stat.

I don’t think there’s any argument that Richie Martin is a better player, and I also don’t think there’s any argument that Martin is going to get better. But debating who is better between the two is like pondering five or seven on a scale of 1 to 100. It’s not really much difference. But I love watching Martin too, he’s a real favorite. 

45 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

There is a reason he is on “ignore.”

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t think there’s any argument that Richie Martin is a better player, and I also don’t think there’s any argument that Martin is going to get better. But debating who is better between the two is like pondering five or seven on a scale of 1 to 100. It’s not really much difference. But I love watching Martin too, he’s a real favorite. 

score of 5/7 on 100 scale, is funny, but very true. But, they all get better looking at 2AM and the bar closes. :) :) :)

But, we love our guys. :)

1 minute ago, makoman said:

Brandon Drury was basically the same player. Was able to stand at a whole lot of positions and do poorly, and couldn't hit. Probably made twice as much as Wilkerson though so there's that.

Drury was 2.05 million, and dead last with on base of .264