Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

K, there's actually a flu vaccine.  And a team plane crashing is false equivalency.  

At the end of the day, I'm banking on a bunch of millionaire guys in their 20s and 30s who can't sit still to not be smart.  Everyone can want to get it right but it's herding cats.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What other things did people do in 1918-1920 that are looked at as poor decisions these days?

They abandoned the mask too soon, thought it was safe, and 100% more people died.

Take that as a lesson learned to not repeat.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Dont take Heyman too serious, he isnt one of the best reporters out there.

Sure, but I mean if the Marlins aren't receiving any word from MLB, the only thing they can do is try to fill out their roster. I'm no Marlins sympathizer, but that's really just not fair. There was never any plan for this many players being out at one time. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Sure, but I mean if the Marlins aren't receiving any word from MLB, the only thing they can do is try to fill out their roster. I'm no Marlins sympathizer, but that's really just not fair. There was never any plan for this many players being out at one time. 

What about the remaining Marlins players and coaches on the roster? 

I know MLB has achieved a pretty fast pipeline for testing, but I thought there were still delays between tests and results.  If you bring in replacement guys before confirming the remaining ones are clear, you risk going through this all over again.

The issue is you have had 14 players test positive in 24 hours.  How many more are infected and will test positive in the coming days? The right thing to do is quarantine everyone that was in that clubhouse for 2 weeks.  You can’t bring in new guys to a possibly infected clubhouse, it is simply irresponsible.  No one wants to admit this because it very possibly spells the end to the season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, interloper said:

That's not how it works.

60 player pool = all of your "minor leagues" for 2020. From that, you still have a 40-man roster. From THAT, you have a 30-man active game roster and a 3-man taxi squad. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think you’re correct but I also think the Owners and MLPA could easily and quickly work something out. Now that the season has actually started, it would smack of impossible incompetence to suddenly say,”woops no baseball after all.”

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

True, but do we really know the Marlins have had no word from MLB?

There is an emergency meeting today with MLB execs today.

6 minutes ago, fitzi22 said:

The issue is you have had 14 players test positive in 24 hours.  How many more are infected and will test positive in the coming days? The right thing to do is quarantine everyone that was in that clubhouse for 2 weeks.  You can’t bring in new guys to a possibly infected clubhouse, it is simply irresponsible.  No one wants to admit this because it very possibly spells the end to the season.

They did build in contingencies to move to other cities in the event of an outbreak.

8 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

They did build in contingencies to move to other cities in the event of an outbreak.

Sure but where are the active players going to come from without blowing up your 40-man roster? That's the issue I'm seeing. Anyway, we'll just have to see what unfolds!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Sure but where are the active players going to come from without blowing up your 40-man roster? That's the issue I'm seeing. Anyway, we'll just have to see what unfolds!

I remember the old rec league days, having to more some players to the opposing team, so we could have a game. :) :) :)