O's need to go 12-9 to avoid a sell off.

wildcard

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

It sounds to me like his decision has always been the same. A little difference in W/L's didn't really sway the opinion of the guy paid to run the team. I'm not a big fan of Elias but at least he's come in and been consistent on what he's doing, how he's going to do it, and communicating it along the way.

It only makes sense to compete if you have the right personnel. We certainly don’t have the starting pitching outside of Cobb and an occasional sold start from Milone, LeBlanc, Or Wojo. So far Means has a 10 ERA.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

It only makes sense to compete if you have the right personnel. We certainly don’t have the starting pitching outside of Cobb and an occasional sold start from Milone, LeBlanc, Or Wojo. So far Means has a 10 ERA.

I agree. This team is still quite a bit away from being truly competitive. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy some of the good times and call ups.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

We're not really on track for the 12-9, are we ???

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

No, the Orioles have gone 6-7 since I posted that. They would have to go 6-2 to get to 12-9. That seems extremely unlikely. Elias has already made his decision to be a seller at the deadline.

o

If I had to bet on them reaching 12-9 since the thread was started, I would bet against it ...... but I have seen enough crazy things from this crazy team in this crazy season to never rule out any possibility, however remote it may seem.

o

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

I agree. This team is still quite a bit away from being truly competitive. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy some of the good times and call ups.

I agree ...but our front office shouldn’t be kidding themselves. The fans I could care less about and should enjoys as much as we can.