O's @ Rays 8-26

scOtt

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Fun fact:   Everest isn't the tallest mountain in the world.

It's the highest.   But when you are at its base in Nepal, you are already way above sea level.

Kilamanjaro is actually taller because its base is basically at sea level in the Serengeti desert, as Toto has taught us.

Toto compared it to Olympus which is no where near as tall.  Roughly half as tall if I remember correctly.

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

I like that stuff ...... but the Rays' announcers pointed out that it was an excellent opportunity to get a bunt single if he had pushed the ball more, because of the set-up of the Rays' infielders.

o

Bordick said the same. Was as much trying for the base hit, just did't push it toward 3B.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Fun fact:   Everest isn't the tallest mountain in the world.

It's the highest.   But when you are at its base in Nepal, you are already way above sea level.

Kilamanjaro is actually taller because its base is basically at sea level in the Serengeti desert, as Toto has taught us.

But if you count the ecuatorial bulge of the earth, the top of Mt. Chimborazo in Ecuador is the closest point on earth to the sun.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Good sac !!! If you like that stuff ......

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I like that stuff ...... but the Rays' announcers pointed out that it was an excellent opportunity to get a bunt single if he had pushed the ball more, because of the set-up of the Rays' infielders.

o

o

As I said earlier, those guys (the Rays' announcers) are very good.

o

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Orange Dew melon is a hybrid cross between a Cantaloupe and a Honeydew. It has defining traits of both melons with a smooth, thin yellow skin and a creamy orange interior that is both juicy and sweet.

Didn't know that. Had never heard of it.