Elias interview with Chris “loud mouth” Russo

Sports Guy

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

I don't expect Elias to spend much on FA this off season.    He already has one of the top offenses in the AL and Mancini and Santander will be back.  And he has a bunch of young pitchers coming.    Maybe a starter to replace Cobb.  Cobb will be the big trade this off season and he will send money with him.   I expect Davis to RETIRE by probably late November before the roster is set for the Rule 5 draft.

I am not  a  Russo fan but I did not see anything wrong with the interview.   I had not heard Elias address his relationship with Hyde in quite this way.  He made it clear that lineups and  game strategy are Hyde responsibility and Elias does not get into that.

Fix Alert! C’mon Chris do the right thing!

4 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Bauer.  One year, $40 mil.

Bauer, Cobb, Means, Kremer, Akin 

Bauer and Cobb off the books after 2021.  
Baumann, Rodriguez, and Hall waiting in the wings.

I like the Bauer idea but why on earth would he want to sign here especially on a 1 year deal?

Plus, he’s telling teams he wants to pitch every 4 days.

When Trevor Bauer becomes a free agent at the end of the upcoming season, he has a unique idea that he wants teams to consider: 

He wants to pitch every fourth day instead of the typical every fifth day.

That's not the only thing he's prioritizing when he's a free agent. He wants to win and play somewhere where he feels respected. He wants to be on a team that is progressive with technology. But pitching every fourth day would change the way teams shape their rotations. 

So we check a box with the technology and they may be willing to pitch him every four days. I’d imagine they can make him “feel respected”

Dont know we can guarantee him the opportunity to win yet.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2020/02/27/cincinnati-reds-trevor-bauer-wants-when-he-reaches-free-agency/4891745002/

9 hours ago, wildcard said:

He already has one of the top offenses in the AL and Mancini and Santander will be back.

I know you need to believe this, it's part of your ethos.  But literally the top nine players on the Orioles by PA are all out hitting their career OPSes by 100 to 200 points.  You can explain some of that with development. Most of it will evaporate with regression to true talent.  Iglesias will hit closer to .276 than .376 next year.  Stewart and Mountcastle will not continue to channel Lou Gehrig.  Pedro Severino is not going to OPS .900. 

I hope the Orioles' offense is about average.  Looking at the roster even that seems amazing.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I know you need to believe this, it's part of your ethos.  But literally the top nine players on the Orioles by PA are all out hitting their career OPSes by 100 to 200 points.  You can explain some of that with development. Most of it will evaporate with regression to true talent.  Iglesias will hit closer to .276 than .376 next year.  Stewart and Mountcastle will not continue to channel Lou Gehrig.  Pedro Severino is not going to OPS .900. 

I hope the Orioles' offense is about average.  Looking at the roster even that seems amazing.

I think with his uptick in walk rate a 1000 OPS is sustainable for Mountcastle.. He was the IL MVP after all.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think with his uptick in walk rate a 1000 OPS is sustainable for Mountcastle.. He was the IL MVP after all.

^^^^

That plus his uncanny ability to successfully take a slider to the ribcage (JINX ALERT) without going to the IL.  I am very encouraged.

• Upvote 1

Bauer has said on a number of occasions that he thinks he can maximize his earnings with one year contracts.  He's essentially betting on his health.  I was only semi-serious.  I'd do it in a heartbeat, after all, there's no such thing as a bad one-year contract.  But I don't think the Orioles would.

32 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Bauer has said on a number of occasions that he thinks that he can maximize his earnings with one-year contracts. He's essentially betting on his health. I was only semi-serious. I'd do it in a heartbeat because after all, there's no such thing as a bad one-year contract. But I don't think that the Orioles would.

o

It hasn't been invented yet, but a one-year contract for $65 Million would probably be considered to be a bad contract if the player did not have a good season.

o