Mountcastle on who was good at Bowie

wildcard

On 9/14/2020 at 1:45 PM, wildcard said:

From an interview on "Inside the Yard":

Pitchers: "There's a bunch of studs down there.  You have your Grayson and your DL's but you also have some pretty good other arms down there.   You have  Mattson, Hanhold ...... we have a really bright future coming up.

Position Players: " Diaz was crushing homers just left and right. Gunnar Henderson watching him for how young he is, his approach to the plate, him in the field, he has a cannon for an arm at short looked really good.  McKenna looked pretty good. Adley has a pretty swing, that's for sure"

https://art19.com/shows/baltimore-orioles-inside-the-yard-podcast/episodes/5fe990d7-3a27-4d3f-84c6-c99b2941d95a

I listened to this interview today to see if there were any other insights — not really.    Mountcastle wasn’t the most interesting interviewee I’ve ever heard.   The one thing I thought was interesting is that when asked what position players impressed him, Mountcastle didn’t mention Rutschman initially at all.   He only made the “pretty swing” comment after being prompted with a “what about Adley” question.   

It’s also interesting that he mentioned Mattson and Hanhold.