Playoffs are set

SteveA

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd have preferred the Astros but I'm fine with the Rays.  Sure takes the wind out of the sales of the fans that think you have to spend.

Why did you want the Astros?   Do you genuinely like their team, or is it just your contrarian nature to root for a team to win that was punished for cheating and finished the season with a losing record?

I’ll say this, my happiness for the Rays is just about my liking the way their organization succeeds despite limited financial resources, not an anti-Astros thing.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Why did you want the Astros?   Do you genuinely like their team, or is it just your contrarian nature to root for a team to win that was punished for cheating and finished the season with a losing record?

I’ll say this, my happiness for the Rays is just about my liking the way their organization succeeds despite limited financial resources, not an anti-Astros thing.   

I'm that annoyed with the fans that are so deeply wounded about the Astros getting caught cheating.  It's like steroids all over again.  You cheat a little and no one cares, you get good at cheating and everyone loses their minds.

Stealing signs outside of the field of play has been going on forever, we all know this.  I'm sure we all remember the trips to the Skydome?

Right now what is probably a majority of ML pitchers break the rules of the game every appearance.  No one cares.

The Red Sox get caught multiple times and they get a video tech suspended.

I think it's ridiculous, get over it.  Teams cheat.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm that annoyed with the fans that are so deeply wounded about the Astros getting caught cheating.  It's like steroids all over again.  You cheat a little and no one cares, you get good at cheating and everyone loses their minds.

Stealing signs outside of the field of play has been going on forever, we all know this.  I'm sure we all remember the trips to the Skydome?

Right now what is probably a majority of ML pitchers break the rules of the game every appearance.  No one cares.

The Red Sox get caught multiple times and they get a video tech suspended.

I think it's ridiculous, get over it.  Teams cheat.

I figured it was something like this.   

How can you not root for the Rays?

Hoping Atlanta wins for Nick and ODay but the Rays would be good as well.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing LA win since it’s been so long and despite the money they spend, they develop a ton of their talent.  They do it a lot better than the Yankees tried to for all those years.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

How can you not root for the Rays?

Hoping Atlanta wins for Nick and ODay but the Rays would be good as well.

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing LA win since it’s been so long and despite the money they spend, they develop a ton of their talent.  They do it a lot better than the Yankees tried to for all those years.

I don't like their owner and don't think the fanbase deserves a championship.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't like their owner, and I don't think that their fan-base deserves a championship.

o

I once read an article in regard to Bullets fans ........ fans who root for the team now known as the Wizards, but who were the Baltimore/Capital/Washington Bullets when we started rooting for them.

Anyway, several times in the article when the author was referencing the fan-base, he said, "We loyal Bullets fans ...... all 6 of us."

o