Playoffs are set

SteveA

15 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

When you turn on the TV and there's a game on, don't you naturally root for one team over the other?  It's pretty rare that I can watch a game and truly not care, even in the moment, who wins. I'm not going out and buying a shirt and I won't care either way 10 minutes after the last game is over, but I'll be rooting for the Rays over the Dodgers.

I truly dont care who wins, normally, but i will admit, if I see a really stupid call, or a pitcher throw a ball the batters head, well, I do tend to root for the other team.

The asterisk here, the above doesnt count for the Yankees. LOL

I'll have just the regular Game 7 rooting interest with Nick gone.

I suppose I could arcanely root for the Dodgers because I think the odds of Turner leaving are greater if he gets his dogpile, and he's a favorite pre-Lindor Cohort target if we Werth'ed anyone this year.  I think until/unless the Dodgers get one Turner will basically do Tim Wakefield style auto-renews.  I have imagined he could be out there this offseason at Dodgers discretion going towards Seager/Lux on left side, but Lux's 2020 hasn't really positioned him for that.

Willy Adames being a huge WS hero could be fun, because I think he's soon the next Archer type piece out the door to clear Wander space, and they'd still do it.   Of course Adames heroics would increase their return, and bargaining position to try and do Acuna/Albies things to Wander so that might not be the best thing to cheer for.  Much less risk of that though as Wander did at least get about 40x Acuna in the beginning.

o

Even though he led the Major Leagues in Wild Pitches, )Tyler Glasnow )has not had a Hit Batsman since September 17th of 2018.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX201809170.shtml

(WORLD SERIES) )))))) [GAME ONE]

TAMPA BAY DEVIL R AYS

Yandy Diaz Fernandez - 1B

Brandon Lowe - 2B     

Randy Arozarena - DH

Dustin Hunter Renfroe - RF

Manuel Margot Gomez - LF

Joseph Patrick "J.P." Wendle - 3B

Willy Rafael Luna Adames - SS

Kevin James "K.J." Kiermaier - CF 

Michael Zunino - C

Tyler Allen Glasnow - RHP )) (5-1, 4.08 ERA) ) *

* )) Led the Major Leagues in Wild Pitches (7)

LOS ANGELES DODGERS

Markus Lynn Betts - RF

Corey Seager - SS

Justin Turner - 3B

Maxwell Muncy - 1B

William Smith - DH

Cody James "C.J." Bellinger - CF

Christopher Armand Taylor, Jr. - 2B

Joc Russell "J.R." Pederson - LF

Austin Barnes - C       

Clayton Edward Kershaw - LHP )) (6-2, 2.16 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

Well, last night was fun.  Glad to see Kershaw get a win and dominate.  And to see all of Betts' skills on display was a treat, too.

I am loooooooooooooving all the articles/people looking at the SAWX and saying HOW COULD YOU HAVE LET THIS GUY GO?!?!?!  I hope this is the new Curse, that they go another 96 years or whatever without winning a Series.

I'm good with either team winning.  I'd like to see the Dodgers win and to see Kershaw get a ring, he deserves one.  And if the Rays win, it's a victory for the little guys everywhere.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, last night was fun.  Glad to see Kershaw get a win and dominate.  And to see all of Betts' skills on display was a treat, too.

I am loooooooooooooving all the articles/people looking at the SAWX and saying HOW COULD YOU HAVE LET THIS GUY GO?!?!?!  I hope this is the new Curse, that they go another 96 years or whatever without winning a Series.

I'm good with either team winning.  I'd like to see the Dodgers win and to see Kershaw get a ring, he deserves one.  And if the Rays win, it's a victory for the little guys everywhere.  

I would love to see nothing but bad things for the Red Sox but the current Betts narrative is stupid.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I would love to see nothing but bad things for the Red Sox but the current Betts narrative is stupid.

Hating on the Red Sox is fine no matter what the narrative is.  Dammit, SG, just quit with the "I'm right all the time schtick" and enjoy it.  Who cares if the narrative is stupid?  Sox are getting made fun of, can't we have nice things?

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hating on the Red Sox is fine no matter what the narrative is.  Dammit, SG, just quit with the "I'm right all the time schtick" and enjoy it.  Who cares if the narrative is stupid?  Sox are getting made fun of, can't we have nice things?

You cant expect rational thoughts on a message board. :) :) :) :)

Boy was Amsinger on MLB at lunchtime yammering about how the Rays might need Snell for 120 pitches tonight getting stuff wrong that seems to be very obvious here.

The off days are back - the Rays have a near must win tonight.  The Dodgers are giving Buehler the extra rest for 3/7 and kind of sort of just goofing off tonight.  The Rays didn't get to use their Anderson/Fairbanks/Castillo "#1 starter" last night.   Snell was salty at the quick (to him) hook late in the ALCS, but he should be ready again tonight.  I think the Rays feel he's their worst pitcher on a per-inning basis they aim to use in the first 9 innings tonight.

I can't find Steve's comment about Globe Life catching OPACY for postseason games if the WS stretches 7 (perhaps a different thread), but also in that spirit I heard this morning that Corey Seager is tied with Joey Gallo and Rougned Odor for most HR at the stadium in its history.

Also that Nick Anderson had 0 ALCS strikeouts after whiffing some 40-ish% in season.   Hopefully his needle is back closer to Full, and he'll do a lot of burning bright to get this towards seven games.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Lol..trust me, I’m good with them getting made fun of.  Hate the Boston teams more than any of them.

• Upvote 1