O’s Sign Galvis. 1/$1.25 million

LookinUp

I'm actually a little surprised the financial terms were this modest after the Jays got Semien - this is the first instance I see in the Top ~60 Fangraphs guesses at $6M AAV and up where someone has signed for less than half the guess amount.

Infielders below him like Villar, Jake Lamb, Brad Miller, Hanser Alberto maybe tossups to even get guaranteed MLB deals.

Have we another $1.5M for Maikel Franco or a Jonathan Schoop nostalgia fest?   SS was always going to be first.

45 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Who cares they can get a minimum guy or just should’ve drafted a rule 5 glove guy and saved 1 million dollars.

You see saying a Rule 5 player has the glove he does? I’m not saying he is Belanger but he is solid and durable. On a team like this that matters.  

Look there are things recently that aggravate many of us with this team. That said, Sanchez and Galvis have legit potential to give this club more production than what their contracts would suggest. 

The media likes the $8-10M signings  because it’s a sign a team is not “tanking.” They give credit to rebuilding teams because they are spending and “trying.” If these two produce 4 WAR between them that will be ignored. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

That's about where I am.  I'm hoping that someone in the system steps up at SS and is ready for OD 2022 or to be called up partway through 2022.

Agreed.   I’m hoping one of Westburg and Henderson will be a quick mover.