Happy Birthday Adley

Just Regular

And I have to agree with Elias slow playing him some. He's going to be in Bowie to start the year.... with many of our (other) BEST pitching prospects. TINSTAAPP! I'd rather him catch them all most of the year and get familia.

Bring them up as a group. Hopefully that knows how to WIN!

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I will worry about it when he’s showing he’s ready.    Personally I would like to see him get substantial time in the majors this year, but I absolutely feel he needs to prove in the minors that he’s ready for that challenge.   

I hate to say it but he hasn't shown Jack Schitt in his limited time in the minors yet!

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

on If he’s as good as they say, yes he is and yes they should sign him to that deal.

Adley would probably jump at that offer, but I think the Orioles plan savoring his pre-arb. years, so I doubt they do it this early. Maybe look to lock him up after three seasons or something along those lines. 

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Adley would probably jump at that offer, but I think the Orioles plan savoring his pre-arb. years, so I doubt they do it this early. Maybe look to lock him up after three seasons or something along those lines. 

I don't think they will be willing to put up the AAV needed if they get in that late.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You kinda can is the sad part.

My point of view: I want to be competitive in 2022.    The best path to that is for Rutschman to get a good dose of major league experience in 2021 so he’s further up the learning curve in 2022.  Ditto for a number of the pitchers.  

Now, like I’ve said multiple times, I still want Rutschman to prove he’s ready.   I’m confident he will, but I want him to show it.   

• Upvote 1

I disliked signing a catcher as 1-1

I dislike drafting college position players in the first round

He is 23 and has never had success in the minors

Covid definately hurt this pick

But is he already too old to be considered a prospect?

I wanted JC Abrams (#6 pick) who is entering his age 20 season after hitting .400 in rookie ball

No idea as to where he fits in for the Padres as they are loaded with talent.

• 11 months later...