Davis is making changes!

Sports Guy

21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The man has been frustrated for like 3 years in a row but this time, he’s REALLY frustrated!

Meh. I don't see the point in being snarky about this. There's not really a counterfactual where people would be happy. 

If he says he made changes, it's "wow about time, I REALLY think this will help /s"

OR if he doesn't make changes, it's "what a lazy POS, can't believe he's stealing money"

Perhaps he doesn't have to comment at all, but I think it's safe to assume that would be taken as disrespectful to the O's fans forced to watch his poor results over the last several years.

Do I think it's great that Davis is still on the roster? No, but I also don't see any point in spending energy criticizing a specific thing where there's no alternative that would make me "happier" 

• Upvote 4

Just now, BohKnowsBmore said:

Meh. I don't see the point in being snarky about this. There's not really a counterfactual where people would be happy. 

If he says he made changes, it's "wow about time, I REALLY think this will help /s"

OR if he doesn't make changes, it's "what a lazy POS, can't believe he's stealing money"

Perhaps he doesn't have to comment at all, but I think it's safe to assume that would be taken as disrespectful to the O's fans forced to watch his poor results over the last several years.

Do I think it's great that Davis is still on the roster? No, but I also don't see any point in spending energy criticizing a specific thing where there's no alternative that would make me "happier" 

Plenty of reason to be snarky..we have heard the same bs out of him for several years and he has shown a total unwillingness to change.

Now, he claims he is changing now..we’ll see.  I will believe it when I see it.

5 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

If he went to a hitting facility with the latest technology and got his swing revamped based on analytics, I would be somewhat satisfied. So far, he hasn't shown an openness to doing that.

While I understand being frustrated about Davis, I believe that frustration should be pointed at the front office.  They were the ones who decided to hand out a 7 year deal to a guy entering his age 30 season (and a guy who had some red flags in his performance.). Would any of us have turned down that deal?  I am sure he is professionally frustrated with his inability to deliver.  I say just leave him in peace.

I said at the time and it is even more clear now that any spending money at that time should have been reserved for Machado.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

"see it with the naked eye". I doubt it since he will be on the bench..

He just means we won't be able to see it if we're wearing glasses.  

After all this time, I won't believe a word he says about him making any effort.  The bridges have been burned.    

22 minutes ago, StottyByNature said:

While I understand being frustrated about Davis, I believe that frustration should be pointed at the front office.  They were the ones who decided to hand out a 7 year deal to a guy entering his age 30 season (and a guy who had some red flags in his performance.). Would any of us have turned down that deal?  I am sure he is professionally frustrated with his inability to deliver.  I say just leave him in peace.

I said at the time and it is even more clear now that any spending money at that time should have been reserved for Machado.

Signing Machado instead of Davis wouldn't have prevented the team's collapse.  Machado would have been traded,probably for even less than he was in this timeline.