Adley starts at DH today

wildcard

13 hours ago, interloper said:

Real big long swing too. Dunno man. Spooks me a bit.

Agree his swing seems to get long sometimes. But if you watch him in BP it looks better. Also, in his defense, he’s physically a far superior athlete to Matt. So here’s hoping. I just want to see him do well, but the let-down (even though he was still a good player) of Wieters has given me trust issues. 

6 hours ago, joelala said:

Agree his swing seems to get long sometimes. But if you watch him in BP it looks better. Also, in his defense, he’s physically a far superior athlete to Matt. So here’s hoping. I just want to see him do well, but the let-down (even though he was still a good player) of Wieters has given me trust issues. 

I'd imagine everyone looks good in BP, outside of Eddie Murray.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd imagine everyone looks good in BP, outside of Eddie Murray.

Ha. Remember when we picked up Everth Cabrera during spring training 2015? MASN leaked a BP video right after we got him and he was hitting popups and bouncers in the batting cage! Never seen anything like it. Went on to hit .208/.250/.229 and never played in the majors again at age 28. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah the idea that "everyone" looks good in BP is kinda ludicrous. You can watch any team take BP at Camden Yards and immediately identify the players with plus power.  Adley and Yolmer Sanchez's BP rounds probably look drastically different.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Ha. Remember when we picked up Everth Cabrera during spring training 2015? MASN leaked a BP video right after we got him and he was hitting popups and bouncers in the batting cage! Never seen anything like it. Went on to hit .208/.250/.229 and never played in the majors again at age 28. 

You've obviously never seen me in a batting cage.  And that's when I make contact at all!