Official Response to Ticket Inquiry

Carllamy

I had the same question as in the "The Orioles No Longer Want Me" thread. I could have put this response in that thread, but I thought it might reach more people if I started a new one.

I sent an inquiry to the Orioles on line, and this is the response that I just received:

Hi Carl, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Orioles.  

We completely understand your concern and want to ensure you there will be ways to welcome you to Oriole Park this season! We did receive more information on the ticketing options for when you arrive at the ballpark. While the Orioles will most likely not provide printed ticket options upon checkout of your ticketing purchase, we suggest that you either: 

1) Share your login with a friend or family member you are attending the game with (if they have a smartphone). They can use their phone to get you in the gates.  

2) Visit the box office on the day of the game with a copy of your order confirmation email, the credit card used to buy the tickets, and your photo ID.  

We hope this information is helpful and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oriole Park this season. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Sincerely,

Jessica

Fan Services Team
Baltimore Orioles
p: 888.848.BIRD l f: 410.547.6279
333 West Camden St. l  Baltimore , MD 21201
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Carllamy said:

I had the same question as in the "The Orioles No Longer Want Me" thread. I could have put this response in that thread, but I thought it might reach more people if I started a new one.

I sent an inquiry to the Orioles on line, and this is the response that I just received:

Hi Carl, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Orioles.  

We completely understand your concern and want to ensure you there will be ways to welcome you to Oriole Park this season! We did receive more information on the ticketing options for when you arrive at the ballpark. While the Orioles will most likely not provide printed ticket options upon checkout of your ticketing purchase, we suggest that you either: 

1) Share your login with a friend or family member you are attending the game with (if they have a smartphone). They can use their phone to get you in the gates.  

2) Visit the box office on the day of the game with a copy of your order confirmation email, the credit card used to buy the tickets, and your photo ID.  

The whole "mobile ticket only" thing for covid reasons is quite the lie by the Orioles.      The dirtiest thing (other than a hotel TV remote) is each person's cell phone.    The irony is that a printed up season ticket or game ticket from the box office that is ONE TIME USE is 1000% more sanitary than someone's cell phone that they're touching all day, including when on the toilet.     Crazy that the Orioles think fans are dumb

Edited by baloriole4
  • Upvote 1

You scan the cellphone. No one touches your phone. It’s called contact-less for a reason. It also saves them bundles of money not printing out tickets which, let’s face it, unless you’re old, you will not miss. Are you collecting game tickets or something? 

just wait till we no longer use cash, I bet you’ll flip out. With apps like HUMBL coming, there will be no need to have anything but your phone to use as not only your ticket but also payment for everything in the park. Embrace the future you dinosaurs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Explosivo said:

You scan the cellphone. No one touches your phone. It’s called contact-less for a reason. It also saves them bundles of money not printing out tickets which, let’s face it, unless you’re old, you will not miss. Are you collecting game tickets or something? 

just wait till we no longer use cash, I bet you’ll flip out. With apps like HUMBL coming, there will be no need to have anything but your phone to use as not only your ticket but also payment for everything in the park. Embrace the future you dinosaurs.

You don’t touch paper either and the Os don’t have to print that out.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You don’t touch paper either and the Os don’t have to print that out.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why the Orioles would not let you bring your own printed out ticket to scan as well as the cell phone. I'm guessing they will update this to allow that possibility. 

It would seem like they are using some device that requires a phone screen, not paper.  I've seen this in many places, or maybe they want to avoid you printing out the paper and then handing it to the person checking you in.  Though, I'd assume a lot of people will do that with their phones.   

The idea is to use your phone as the ticket and vehicle for payments as well. This is a bigger move toward the future than simple ticketing. Look at what Cuban is talking about with the Mavs. It’s all based on blockchain tech and instant transfer of monies. It’s about saving teams tons of money by circumventing credit card transactions.

http://Www.humblpay.com

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

The idea is to use your phone as the ticket and vehicle for payments as well. This is a bigger move toward the future than simple ticketing. Look at what Cuban is talking about with the Mavs. It’s all based on blockchain tech and instant transfer of monies. It’s about saving teams tons of money by circumventing credit card transactions.

http://Www.humblpay.com

It also removes cash and uses brain tricks that get us all to spend more money.

Losing you phone will become even more stressful.

I don't mind some of it, but we all know there are more reasons for these changes than simply saving paper costs and transaction fees. (even though I don't argue that is part of it).

1 hour ago, mojmann said:

The Yankees were doing this already a couple of years ago. Scanning the cell phone was the only way to get into the Stadium.

o

I have never used a phone to get into Yankee Stadium, and I've been there as recently as August of 2019.

o

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jerios55 said:

It also removes cash and uses brain tricks that get us all to spend more money.

Losing you phone will become even more stressful.

I don't mind some of it, but we all know there are more reasons for these changes than simply saving paper costs and transaction fees. (even though I don't argue that is part of it).

They’re getting your money anyway. You preload cash on the thing anyway so it actually makes it easier to spend less. Can’t spend what isn’t preloaded if that’s the route you need to go. Not saying this will happen, but theoretically they could charge less as they will save more. We all know that won’t happen, but cash is and will be a thing of the past. Imagine the amount of money it costs to get brinks to the stadium for change. The lack of need of hours counting down the cash, dropping the cash, managers trained to handle to end of the day. So much money will be saved by this decision. Embrace it, understand it. Get behind it because you don’t want to be in front of this steamroller.