Younger MASN announcer today

Explosivo

Just now, Explosivo said:

Didn’t realize using stern language would offend the masses in such a way. Kind of weird but I did go off so I get it I guess.

It's kind of a thing on this board. Always has been. Is why Tony has always had the best board on the internet. ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, George Zuverink said:

There certainly was a moment of cognitive dissonance when i read the OP. I thought I was back on Ravens 24X7 where many of the posts sound like the chatter in the men’s locker room at a Wall Street health club.

Sun board...

Rest in pieces...

I will say that Dave Johnson talked way too much. He seemed to feel the need to not have any infilled air. It was not a pleasing telecast to listen to. I much prefer Kevin Brown, Geoff Arnold, Brett Hollander, Ben McDonald, Brian Roberts, Jim Palmer and Melanie Newman. Garceau is such a nice guy, but makes a lot of mistakes. Johnson is certainly knowledgeable, but the game has passed him by. He makes Mike Bordick seem like a good announcer as he over-boogies his telecasts. Enjoy retirement, Dave. 

17 hours ago, George Zuverink said:

There certainly was a moment of cognitive dissonance when i read the OP. I thought I was back on Ravens 24X7 where many of the posts sound like the chatter in the men’s locker room at a Wall Street health club.

Well, now I am kind of sorry I missed it. ?

17 hours ago, Explosivo said:

Didn’t realize using stern language would offend the masses in such a way. Kind of weird but I did go off so I get it I guess.

I’m not offended (I don’t think anything offends me) but Tony doesn’t want that on the site.  It’s really just that simple.

17 hours ago, Explosivo said:

Anyone who knows me or has met me personally knows I'm not offended in the least bit by cursing, but there's a place for that kind of stuff and this message board is not one of those places. I appreciate you though understanding and abiding by the rules from here on out.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

There is an art to artistic insult, potent without cursing or screaming.

George Szell Was one of the most brilliant and hated musicians of the 20th century, I think He is the subject of the following anecdote shared between two other musicians who saw George walking by and commented. One of them said, “there goes George Szell, man he is his own worst enemy.” To which the other man replied, “not while I’m alive.”

Oh that makes me laugh every time.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Anyone who knows me or has met me personally knows I'm not offended in the least bit by cursing, but there's a place for that kind of stuff and this message board is not one of those places. I appreciate you though understanding and abiding by the rules from here on out.

I will say that this thread is no where near as entertaining now that the first post has been edited!  :)

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Did we ever find out who OP was talking about? Unfortunately the interview does not appear to have made the game highlights on MLB.com. 

Yes, it was Dave Johnson.

And yes, technically, he is the "younger announcer".   Dave Johnson is 61.   So he is younger than Scott Garceau.

I heard the interview and didn't see too much to get upset about.   He asked Zimmerman about whether there were times when he couldn't get a feel for his changeup.   Zim said no, he did have that issue sometimes with his other pitches and then he relies MORE on his changeup, but he never has that problem with his changeup.   Johnson said that it did happen to him sometimes back when he pitched.   I don't think there was anything combative about it.