Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd have been satisfied with salary relief.

Not sure what the Nats are doing here.  They seem conflicted.

Not sure either but I feel pretty good about Mendoza plus a PTBNL. 

Mendoza was a 3rd round pick in '19 that they paid $800,000 which was above slot. A power and patience guy with too much swing and miss right now. 

If Harvey is a guide, what is Lopez worth as a 4 inning guy?

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

There’s no way they get that kinda return for Harvey.

So BaltimoreOrioles @ Oriolesdude is not a verified Twitter account huh? Guess I should check for that blue verification box.

Guess I got duped by Twitter.

24 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

So BaltimoreOrioles @ Oriolesdude is not a verified Twitter account huh? Guess I should check for that blue verification box.

Guess I got duped by Twitter.

I got duped too. But mine was a push notification. Now we can’t trust those either. What a waste of time. 

2 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I got duped too. But mine was a push notification. Now we can’t trust those either. What a waste of time. 

Well, I was excited for about 3 minutes. Highlight of my day so far. 

• Haha 1

Well, I must say I’m pleasantly surprised. Harvey has been nails since the All-Star break and he’s only gotten better with each start. Nice to see....

6.1 IP

6 H

0 R

5 SO

0 BB

81 pitches 58 strikes

That’s 18.1 scoreless since the break, if you’re counting.

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, I must say I’m pleasantly surprised. Harvey has been nails since the All-Star break and he’s only gotten better with each start. Nice to see....

6.1 IP

6 H

0 R

5 SO

0 BB

81 pitches 58 strikes

if Harvey’s figured it out it’s a shame he didn’t figure it out sooner. I wonder if they’d offer him deal for next season

19 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

if Harvey’s figured it out it’s a shame he didn’t figure it out sooner. I wonder if they’d offer him deal for next season

I don’t think that’s out of the question. They still probably don’t compete next year, so the team needs someone to eat innings. He fits the bill, quite nicely. And never underestimate the power of a veteran presence on a group of young pitchers. 

That’s a lot of positives.

6 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

6.1 IP

6 H

0 R

5 SO

0 BB

81 pitches 58 strikes

With only 10 hits, 1 hbp, and one walk. K's trending up: 2, 4, 5.

5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think we can still make trades in August but they have to pass through waivers. If he gets claimed, they can pull him back or try to arrange a trade with the claiming team