Bring on the Terps

Sports Guy

After watching Duke dismantle Wake in their building, i am ready for the Terps.

The Terps are a tough matchup for Duke...They are built to beat Duke, just like UCONN is.

Maryland had better guard the perimeter....Duke shot Wake out of the building tonight and the Terps saw Miami drop a bunch of 3's on them the other day.

Should be a good game...MD better get good PG play or they will get blown out, like Wake did tonight.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching Duke dismantle Wake in their building, i am ready for the Terps.

The Terps are a tough matchup for Duke...They are built to beat Duke, just like UCONN is.

Maryland had better guard the perimeter....Duke shot Wake out of the building tonight and the Terps saw Miami drop a bunch of 3's on them the other day.

Should be a good game...MD better get good PG play or they will get blown out, like Wake did tonight.

Not sure if we'll win, but they more than likely will bring their "A" game. That's what's so frustrating about Terps basketball lately. They lose the games they should win and they win (sometimes) the games they should lose. That has to fall squarely on the shoulders of Gary Williams. He needs to do a better job of getting his team ready to play every game, not just the big ones.

Not sure if we'll win, but they more than likely will bring their "A" game. That's what's so frustrating about Terps basketball lately. They lose the games they should win and they win (sometimes) the games they should lose. That has to fall squarely on the shoulders of Gary Williams. He needs to do a better job of getting his team ready to play every game, not just the big ones.

I agree with this, which is why i also feel they need to beef up their scheduling in the pre ACC months....And i don't mean theur schedule versus the better teams, i am talking the schedule versus better mid major teams...Winning 90-60 every game does nothing for you...Need to be tested in some games.

The Va Tech game for Duke may be the best thing that happens to them in the regular season...They learned alot from that game.

The Va Tech game for Duke may be the best thing that happens to them in the regular season...They learned alot from that game.

Yea, we learned from the VaTech game too. We learned that Duke is overrated. We also learned that from the Drexel, Memphis and Indiana games. This team is very susceptible. Getting Williams in foul trouble early will do wonders for the Terps Wednesday.

Yea, we learned from the VaTech game too. We learned that Duke is overrated. We also learned that from the Drexel, Memphis and Indiana games. This team is very susceptible. Getting Williams in foul trouble early will do wonders for the Terps Wednesday.

LOL...That is funny.

Show me a team in college bball that does not have flaws. And btw, what Duke learned from the Miami game is enough to beat MD by 30, so i would not be so quick to jump on that.

LOL...That is funny.

Show me a team in college bball that does not have flaws. And btw, what Duke learned from the Miami game is enough to beat MD by 30, so i would not be so quick to jump on that.

Every team has flaws. My point is that being played close in four straight games is no accident, I think Duke can be beaten a lot easier than you can; you have to get Sheldon in foul trouble. And what exactly did Duke "learn" from the Miami game? "Boy, we should shoot 3s on these guys?" That's not like discovering plutonium. Duke has been jacking 3s on MD since I can remember, going all the way back to the pre-Trajon Langdon days.

Every team has flaws. My point is that being played close in four straight games is no accident, I think Duke can be beaten a lot easier than you can; you have to get Sheldon in foul trouble. And what exactly did Duke "learn" from the Miami game? "Boy, we should shoot 3s on these guys?" That's not like discovering plutonium. Duke has been jacking 3s on MD since I can remember, going all the way back to the pre-Trajon Langdon days.

Actually i think is very beatable but Williams has not be a foul machine since his soph year...Last night he made a few dumb fouls but 1 or 2 were questionable.

Duke is like every other college team, they have alot of flaws and there are things that teams can exploit. However, even when those things have been exploited, Duke has still managed to win and win many games comfortably.

BTW, not sure why you even brought up Memphis...As if beating them in a close game shows they are overrated...They are a top 5 team.

Indiana was in Indiana and the crowd was hyped...They are a top 15-20 team so being played close by them is again, no big deal.

The Drexel and VaTech games were jokes...VaTech they were up 11 late and got lazy and stupid and they did not match the intensity of Drexel and seemingly did not care, which is atrocious.

Doubtful Duke does not match the intensity of MD or show they do not care.

It definitely should be a good game.

As i said, Gary builds his team to beat Duke....They always have size, a good perimeter defender and usually good PG play(this is what hurts them on Wed night i believe though).

That is why they beat Duke more than anyone...They matchup so well against them...Same for UCONN...THey are similar type teams but UCONN usually has a little more talent.

I'm Rick James, b!tch.

[stewie]Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. You know, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the Chapelle Show before. Because that's what he says on the show right? Isn't it? I'm Rick James, b****. And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult him in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart girl you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. God you're so funny![/Griffin]

50% chance of >15 point Duke win

25% chance of >15 point Maryland win

15% chance of <3 pt Duke win

10% chance of <3 pt Maryland win

I don't see this game ending with a medium-sized margin. I think someone either wins by 15+ or it comes down to the last possesion. I think Duke has a slightly better chance to win either type of game (due to home court and they way they're playing lately), but I do think we have a decent chance at beating them again (I'd feel much better about our chances if this game was in CP or if we hadn't swept them last year, I think Duke is will have lots of motivation to bring their A-game).

Absolutely. I have been a big fan of Gary and I put most of our issues last year on Gilchrist, but this team needs to beat the teams they should beat if they want to be talked about with the likes of Duke, Kentucky, Illinois, etc. Hopefully we won't have another let down like the Miami game this year.

Kentucky sucks.

Archived