May 5: afternoon rubber match in Seattle with Means on the mound

SteveA

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Maybe someday I’ll catch up. 

Not going to lie, it's pretty fun being excited for new music.

Ticked off Fantano didn't review the Dry Cleaning debut.  His opinion carries a lot of weight and could have helped their push into this market. 

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I was always into 20's, 30's Blues. Some classical. Wagner is a fav....

Try this: trust me:

go to YouTube, look up Jessye Norman singing “Beim Schlafengehen.”

come back and tell me your reaction.

Edited by Philip
Wanted to make sure you chose the right version

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Not going to lie, it's pretty fun being excited for new music.

Ticked off Fantano didn't review the Dry Cleaning debut.  His opinion carries a lot of weight and could have helped their push into this market. 

Me too! New hard rock here but there is some GREAT new ROCKING hard rock these days!

Funny thing, as I've gotten older I've started posting more modern stuff.

No less than four albums coming out this year I'm excited for.

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Maybe someday I’ll catch up. 

Not even the newest. But pretty new...

9 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Not even the newest. But pretty new...

I think the pandemic helped.

I think I would have been ever so slightly behind the curve on the two albums that have dropped this year if it wasn't for Covid.  Both were supposed to drop in 2020.

I think the pandemic helped.

I think I would have been ever so slightly behind the curve on the two albums that have dropped this year if it wasn't for Covid.  Both were supposed to drop in 2020.

Was it.... Foo Fighters? Had an album and BIG tour planned for their 20th anniversary. In 2020...... ?

I hate when that happens!

2 hours ago, Philip said:

It’s one of those curious stat games. It’s not a perfect game, and yet he faced only 27 batters. I think that’s happened only once before

Means was the 12th pitcher since at least 1901 to face 27 batters (the minimum) in a nine-inning no-hitter without throwing a perfect game. The last to do it was the Marlins’ Edinson Vólquez on June 3, 2017, against Arizona. Vólquez walked two batters in that game but erased both on double plays.

https://www.mlb.com/news/john-means-no-hitter-facts-and-statistics

• Thanks 1