Mother's Day vs the Red Sox- what could go wrong?

SteveA

Just now, Robh21223 said:

Wow. What insight! The O's should hire you.

It's Mother's Day.  I'm sure your mom would be very proud of how you're acting.

Anyway, this is the last message I'm interacting with you as I don't tolerate trolls.  I hope you mature in time but for now I won't talk with you.  (Ignore List)

5 minutes ago, O's84 said:

It's Mother's Day.  I'm sure your mom would be very proud of how you're acting.

Anyway, this is the last message I'm interacting with you as I don't tolerate trolls.  I hope you mature in time but for now I won't talk with you.  (Ignore List)

Booohooo.... take your ball and go home crybaby.

1 minute ago, CynBeth said:

The Red Sox and Yankees always seem to have the best luck and the most obnoxious fans.  

They have something else: line-ups with multiple guys who have established themselves as elite ML hitters. They trade for them, buy them on the open market, and get them from other countries. But they also draft and develop some of them.

Who are some of the feared hitters that have been drafted and developed by the Orioles? Mancini might get there, but I don't think he has yet. There's Manny -- that's one in the past decade or so -- and the Orioles made no attempt to retain him. Maybe I'm forgetting someone.

Just now, SteveA said:

Didn't mind pitching around JD but if you do that you can't nibble with the bases loaded vs Bogaerts.

Dodged a bullet there.  Or gloves a bullet, I guess.

I thought that was a double headed straight down the left field line, but luckily Bogarts hit right to Ruiz. You can't hit a baseball much harder than that. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I thought that was a double headed straight down the left field line, but luckily Bogarts hit right to Ruiz. You can't hit a baseball much harder than that. 

Did they mention the velocity?

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

They have something else: line-ups with multiple guys who have established themselves as elite ML hitters. They trade for them, buy them on the open market, and get them from other countries. But they also draft and develop some of them.

Who are some of the feared hitters that have been drafted and developed by the Orioles? Mancini might get there, but I don't think he has yet. There's Manny -- that's one in the past decade or so -- and the Orioles made no attempt to retain him. Maybe I'm forgetting someone.

Spot on!

None of our young hitters we drafted look like they will become anything other than average players.

Mountcastle, Stewart, and Hays are all average. I hope at least one of them turns the corner.

27 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

They are one of the better hitting team in baseball and 2-5 is as good as you get.  The offense has to produce more against teams that have good offense as your not gonna hold them down often.

That's hard to do when you don't have very good hitters, unless and until you're batting against the worst pitchers on most staffs. That's where we have a decent chance to score. Like right now.