Kremer sent to AAA; Hays on IL...again!

Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well, they said Hays was "available" off the bench Monday.

Yet last night, a day later, when Mountcastle got hit in the hand and left the game, they moved Wilkerson to LF and brought in Valaika to play 2nd.

So I would say the "availble" on Monday was BS-coachspeak.   We consistently get it from this coaching staff, downplaying the seriousness of any injury until they are forced to make an IL move and no longer can lie with a straight face.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Hays spends more than the minimum time on the IL.

I think it is possible he was available to hit off the bench, but wasn't available to play the field.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t love Kremer being demoted but I mind it less now than I did back in April. I would still rather see him stay here but I understand it a little more now than before.

He has got to improve his FB command.  

He might lose 20 if he sticks around too long. 

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Hays was being held out for a precaution...now he’s out for a few weeks.

We just can’t keep relying on these guys to stay healthy.

You and I got into a spat (shocking, right?) over the offseason, but I'll bring it up again here.

Let Hays be someone else's injury problem.  I'd be in favor of trading him, even though I like him while he's on the field...but that's the problem, being on the field.  Of course, the return would have to make sense but having a team full of guys that are weaker than wet toilet paper is getting old, fast.

I'm not saying Hays has gotta go.  But I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the phone about him or listen to someone's inquiry.  

4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I think it is possible he was available to hit off the bench, but wasn't available to play the field.

I get that, but if he's gotta sprint out of the box that's not so different than having to cover some ground in the field.  Obviously he'd probably see more chances in the field so there's greater risk to aggravate that injury due to the repetition...but with the way he's built, he could very easily tweak something further running around the bases.

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I don't see why people here are so high on Stewart?  Is it because there is nobody else?  Stewart is okay, but I don't see him as an everyday outfielder on a competitive team.

I certainly haven't seen people here who are expressing the opposite opinion of Stewart. Perhaps you are imagining those people?

I am so fed up with this bunch of losers, and that includes the entire organization, top to bottom and all points in between, that I say be merciful to the 4 or 5 ligit major leaguers, and trade them for whatever they  might bring.  Then the other 80% of the roster, since by league rules the organization must field 9 players, let them finish the season and maybe by 2022 some of the prospects might be able to win a few more games than this collection of pretend major leaguers.  No use kidding ourselves.  I do  not even follow by Gameday any more, since IMO the team is irrelevant.  And if I, a fan for more than 70 years, feel this way, I can imagine how the casual fan must feel.  

13 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I don't see why people here are so high on Stewart?  Is it because there is nobody else?  Stewart is okay, but I don't see him as an everyday outfielder on a competitive team.

He’s a competent major leaguer which is more than you can say about some players on this team. 

• Upvote 1

Hays is a talented young man, but unfortunately his body can't hold up to the rigors of being a professional baseball player. 

I actually feel bad for him because he's a hard nosed, hard working talented player, but no way this organization can ever count on him holding up for 145+ games a season. Similar to Harvey, and also to Yusniel Diaz, there are just some guys who's bodies can't hold up.

It's unfortunate because he's a guy this organization needed to hit on. Right now, there is no impact outfielders in the system playing right now. Kjerstad has the promise to be, but we all know that's a big question mark right now.

Stowers is off to a nice start in Aberdeen, but again, I don't see impact guy. 

Elias needs to focus his international search on impact outfielders, preferably center fielder or RF types with some pop and speed.

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t love Kremer being demoted but I mind it less now than I did back in April. I would still rather see him stay here but I understand it a little more now than before.

He has got to improve his FB command.  

Watching the lack of improvement by Kremer and Akin makes me more and more concerned about the Orioles current developmental staff at the high levels. Add in the inconsistencies of Zimmermann, and we have not seen any of them improve on anything. Heck, throw in Tanner Scott's bouts of wildness again and who has become better or more consistent? 

I just see a lot of failure of our young prospects at the major league level this year.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Watching the lack of improvement by Kremer and Akin makes me more and more concerns about the Orioles current developmental staff at the high levels. Add in the inconsistencies of Zimmermann, and we have not seen any of them improve on anything. 

Plus Tanner Scott's inability to become a consistent force out of the bullpen. I get it some pitchers no matter how good the coaching won't become viable MLB pitchers, but it would be nice to see some younger players break through besides John Means.