Wednesday June 16 in Cleveland: and the beat goes on

SteveA

1 minute ago, jdwilde1 said:

Not to pile on Severino, but wasn’t it his responsibility to cover third during the botched rundown?  

Both he and the left fielder should have been running to cover.  First baseman was to move to cover the plate.

Just now, jdwilde1 said:

Not to pile on Severino, but wasn’t it his responsibility to cover third during the botched rundown?  

He went to 1st base originally backing up Mancini. He did hustle to try and get to 3rd but way late. I think Franco was late getting to 2nd. That was biggest mistake. Would love to see a breakdown there of who is suppose to do what. Akin did nothing on the play. He stood there. 

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

In his defense he was probably thinking about the post game spread.  I hear they got good Chili in Cleveland. 

They have that weird spaghetti cilli!

Which STILL seems like it would be good AF!

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He went to 1st base originally backing up Mancini. He did hustle to try and get to 3rd but way late. I think Franco was late getting to 2nd. That was biggest mistake. Would love to see a breakdown there of who is suppose to do what. Akin did nothing on the play. He stood there. 

Mancini cut throw and could have ran back to 1st. I would think Sevy job is to go to 3rd but would like to see it discussed. 

I was hoping for a good game because this is the last time I get to watch the O's until Monday night.

I'll be at work tomorrow afternoon and out of town Friday-Sunday.

And hey, Mountcastle makes it a better game!  He and Trey have 3 hits each now.

Just now, SteveA said:

I was hoping for a good game because this is the last time I get to watch the O's until Monday night.

I'll be at work tomorrow afternoon and out of town Friday-Sunday.

And hey, Mountcastle makes it a better game!  He and Trey have 3 hits each now.

Mountcastle is having himself a game.