Coby Mayo 2021

Sports Guy

• 3 weeks later...

Box score watching these first few games the O's have had Mayo batting high in the order which is good to see. And he's producing. Had two hits today with one being a double. Another ab he lined to CF and the runner on first was thrown out trying to get back to first. Also started a DP. Would be nice if one of the scouting pubs went down there soon and got some video. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Not sure how good he'll be, but that's some impressive physicality. Large kid. Fast bat. Crazy rotation in the swing. 

It was a home run, so it probably should look good. Does he have holes? No idea. But from a layman's perspective, that was really impressive.

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Wow. Not sure how good he'll be, but that's some impressive physicality. Large kid. Fast bat. Crazy rotation in the swing. 

It was a home run, so it probably should look good. Does he have holes? No idea. But from a layman's perspective, that was really impressive.

Yeah that’s what we call a sweet swing. 

14 games in he is at the bottom of the 1st page of league OBP leaders.

https://www.milb.com/florida-complex/stats/on-base-percentage

I know he tweaked an ankle or some such late in spring, but admit after $1.75M I'm bummed he wasn't able to make Delmarva like $650k Drew Rom did the season after graduating high school.

Granted the Shorebirds had Henderson and Westburg off the bat, but Jean Carmona and Willy Yahn got the 3B starts in yesterday's two games, so I'm hopeful he'll get there at least a little this summer.

12 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

14 games in he is at the bottom of the 1st page of league OBP leaders.

https://www.milb.com/florida-complex/stats/on-base-percentage

I know he tweaked an ankle or some such late in spring, but admit after $1.75M I'm bummed he wasn't able to make Delmarva like $650k Drew Rom did the season after graduating high school.

Granted the Shorebirds had Henderson and Westburg off the bat, but Jean Carmona and Willy Yahn got the 3B starts in yesterday's two games, so I'm hopeful he'll get there at least a little this summer.

Rom had the benefit of pitching 10 games in the GCL the year he was drafted.   I do think we could see Mayo promoted if he does well in the FCL for 4-6 weeks (including games already played).    But if not, no big deal.