Interesting fact: Yankees vs. O's offense

OriolesMagic83

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

That doesn't sound possible.  The bat sliver hit him in the eye all the way at first base?

I need to find some video of that.

Found it, now I realize what you meant to say.

https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2021/2021-06/19/3444ed34-a9507805-cf61094c-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

Hadn't ever seen that happen before.

Yeah. Hard to describe.

12 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The O's are actually outscoring the Yankees 280 to 272 this year.  Both teams have played the same number of games.  I would have just assume w/o looking at the stats, that the Yankees would be near the top of the majors in offense.  O's are 20th in runs and Yankees are 25th (large group of teams have scored 270=280 runs). 

If you shared this comment at pinstripe alley, The resulting furor would be a beautiful thing to experience. I would imagine that most of the people posting over there are already beside themselves with rage, I would not mind adding som fuel to the fire.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

If you shared this comment at pinstripe alley, The resulting furor would be a beautiful thing to experience. I would imagine that most of the people posting over there are already beside themselves with rage, I would not mind adding som fuel to the fire.

Yeah, what I've noticed with Yankee fans is that many of them expect to win a World Series every year.  They expect All Star performance out of regular and Hall of Fame performances out of All Star.  The only position player who could be said to be having a good season is Judge.  Other than Stanton, Sanchez, Urshela and Judge, everyone is below a .700 OPS. 

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Boo hoo for them!   They’ve had a lot of good breaks the last couple of years, like Gio Urshela being an .850+ OPS guy in 2019-20 after a long .705 career as a minor leaguer (now a little down to earth at .745 in 2021).    If things went badly for them the next hundred years it wouldn’t be enough.  

Man, that'd be fantastic.  Considering that I think that we'll be bad for the next hundred years...misery loves company.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah, what I've noticed with Yankee fans is that many of them expect to win a World Series every year.  They expect All Star performance out of regular and Hall of Fame performances out of All Star.  The only position player who could be said to be having a good season is Judge.  Other than Stanton, Sanchez, Urshela and Judge, everyone is below a .700 OPS. 

Yes, they're obnoxious.  A good friend of mine can't fathom that they haven't won a World Series since 2009 and have gone an entire decade without winning one.  

I was born in Sept, '81.  I have no recollection of our last WS win.  He was born in '88, so he has practically no memory of when the Yankees were bad in the 80s and early 90s.  The entitlement is real.  I troll him hard by explaining to him that he has no idea what it's like to be truly miserable as a baseball fan.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yes, they're obnoxious.  A good friend of mine can't fathom that they haven't won a World Series since 2009 and have gone an entire decade without winning one.  

I was born in Sept, '81.  I have no recollection of our last WS win.  He was born in '88, so he has practically no memory of when the Yankees were bad in the 80s and early 90s.  The entitlement is real.  I troll him hard by explaining to him that he has no idea what it's like to be truly miserable as a baseball fan.

Don't you know how infuriating it is to settle for the second best free agent from your wish list and worry that you might only be a wildcard team. Participating in the play-in game for the postseason, that's only for peasants. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2021 at 3:08 AM, OriolesMagic83 said:

The O's are actually outscoring the Yankees 280 to 272 this year.  Both teams have played the same number of games.  I would have just assume w/o looking at the stats, that the Yankees would be near the top of the majors in offense.  O's are 20th in runs and Yankees are 25th (large group of teams have scored 270=280 runs). 

Well, so much for that.  Since this thread was started, the Yankees have outscored us 275 - 214.    They’re still slightly below average in runs scored but sitting comfortably in 1st wildcard position and threatening Tampa.   Surprise surprise.