I think Roberts will be traded...

LookinUp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard Brian on Anita's show, and he said the reason he's not going to be at the unveiling tomorrow is cause he was actually supposed to be on some "Nike vacation" and so wasn't going to be able to be in town. The trip ended up getting canceled a few days ago, but he's still not coming into town - but I don't think this should in any way be used as an indicator as to whether or not he'll be back here next year.

Just heard Brian on Anita's show, and he said the reason he's not going to be at the unveiling tomorrow is cause he was actually supposed to be on some "Nike vacation" and so wasn't going to be able to be in town. The trip ended up getting canceled a few days ago, but he's still not coming into town - but I don't think this should in any way be used as an indicator as to whether or not he'll be back here next year.

Still seems odd. Espically like a face of the franchise guy like Roberts is.

I really don't think it matters how many teams are interested in Roberts, if they don't want to give up what AM wants.

Not sure its true, but I thought I read he wanted ACab + Carmona + prospect for BRob from the Indians, and the Indians said no thanks. If that's true of course.

The Dodgers don't seem to ever want to give up much in terms of prospects.

The Cubs are focusing on Peavy, as they should.

The White Sox are probably the most likely to give up the most. But what will that be? Swisher,Vazquez, and Getz? Or does AM want a package of all young major league ready prospects?

Personally, Swisher, Vazquez, Getz, and a guy like Broadway or another pitcher for Roberts and Mora would be great. Then sign Burnett and Tex, trade for Greene, and lets get 09 started.

A rotation of...

1. Burnett

2. Guthrie

3. Vazquez

4. Olson

5. Broadway/Patton/JJ/Albers

C Wieters

1B Tex/Swisher (If no Tex)

2B Getz

SS Greene

3B Huff

LF Swisher/Scott/Reimold (If no Tex)

CF Jones

RF Markakis

DH Scott/Dunn

Bench- Zaun, Salazar, Reimold/Montanez, Punto

Personally, I'd take either lineup with Tex or Dunn, but I'd love to have Swisher either way.

I really don't think it matters how many teams are interested in Roberts, if they don't want to give up what AM wants.

Not sure its true, but I thought I read he wanted ACab + Carmona + prospect for BRob from the Indians, and the Indians said no thanks. If that's true of course.

The Dodgers don't seem to ever want to give up much in terms of prospects.

The Cubs are focusing on Peavy, as they should.

The White Sox are probably the most likely to give up the most. But what will that be? Swisher,Vazquez, and Getz? Or does AM want a package of all young major league ready prospects?

Personally, Swisher, Vazquez, Getz, and a guy like Broadway or another pitcher for Roberts and Mora would be great. Then sign Burnett and Tex, trade for Greene, and lets get 09 started.

A rotation of...

1. Burnett

2. Guthrie

3. Vazquez

4. Olson

5. Broadway/Patton/JJ/Albers

C Wieters

1B Tex/Swisher (If no Tex)

2B Getz

SS Greene

3B Huff

LF Swisher/Scott/Reimold (If no Tex)

CF Jones

RF Markakis

DH Scott/Dunn

Bench- Zaun, Salazar, Reimold/Montanez, Punto

Personally, I'd take either lineup with Tex or Dunn, but I'd love to have Swisher either way.

I like your plan, but I don't see Mora accepting a trade to the White Sox, and I don't like the idea of Huff as our everyday third baseman.

I like your bench though. That would probably be one of the stronger benches we've had here in a long, long time.

Archived