Mancini is my hero!

NelsonCruuuuuz

13 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I think an overhead shot of some sort would be an improvement than what they currently use. If it's hard to see the ball from that distance, they do have the computer generated lines to follow the path of the ball. 

I rarely watch the derby, but I did like the fast pace of it. I only vaguely remember the outs format as I never gave the derby much thought unless an Orioles was in it (or my hometown guy Josh Hamilton). I had to keep yelling at the kids to "hurry up, come back in the den, Trey is up!"

I like the catcher point-of-view cam last night even though it was only shown a couple times. I want to see this camera angle used in actual games.

Especially when Severino is catching and he lets a pitch right over the plate go by him to the backstop. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I like the catcher point-of-view cam last night even though it was only shown a couple times. I want to see this camera angle used in actual games.

Especially when Severino is catching and he lets a pitch right over the plate go by him to the backstop. 

I did like that when I saw it. I am a big fan of cameras that are not the usual CF behind the pitcher angle. So sick of that in real games. Even an occasional press box angle shot is nice. I have watched all of the '69 - '71 World Series YouTubes and the behind the catcher view is so refreshing.  And they used it fairly regularly then. After almost 50 years, I'm really tired of the slightly off center CF cam looking into home plate. It's hardly ever lined up properly anyway and it's not as accurate in telling inside vs. outside pitches as one would think.

• Upvote 1

A bit more about Trey:

The interviews were mainly fluff, But Trey came across as the most genuine, the most down to earth. His demeanor and attitude appeared to be just what you would want as a teammate, and as a fan.

And he did a wonderful job, even when he was obviously really tired, coming in second is no slouch. Especially when everybody in the MLB organization wanted Ohtani to win and made shamefully little secret of their Bias.

I wonder what all that did to his trade value?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NashLumber said:

I did like that when I saw it. I am a big fan of cameras that are not the usual CF behind the pitcher angle. So sick of that in real games. Even an occasional press box angle shot is nice. I have watched all of the '69 - '71 World Series YouTubes and the behind the catcher view is so refreshing.  And they used it fairly regularly then. After almost 50 years, I'm really tired of the slightly off center CF cam looking into home plate. It's hardly ever lined up properly anyway and it's not as accurate in telling inside vs. outside pitches as one would think.

There’s nothing dumber than a camera panning across open space while our eyes attempt to find a tiny little white speck. Home runs are the most overhyped event in al sports, But it could be much better done if the marketing department had the brains that God gave a cat.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, osfan83 said:

Why did he wear #44? 

Home Run Derby participants to honor former home run king Henry Aaron, wear his No. 44

In the first home run derby since the former home run king's death, baseball is paying tribute to Henry "Hank" Aaron. 

MLB announced that players participating in Monday's Home Run Derby will all wear No. 44 to honor the man who retired in 1976 with 755 home runs, a number that stood as America's most revered sports record until Barry Bonds surpassed him in 2007. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Yeah that catcher-cam was pretty cool. Nice perspective.

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

In the first home run derby since the former home run king's death, baseball is paying tribute to Henry "Hank" Aaron. 

MLB announced that players participating in Monday's Home Run Derby will all wear No. 44 to honor the man who retired in 1976 with 755 home runs, a number that stood as America's most revered sports record until Barry Bonds "surpassed" him in 2007. 

FTFY...