Fri July 16: Kansas City here we come

SteveA

7 minutes ago, KillerTofu said:

Does Hyde think that trotting the likes of Akin or Harvey out there every fifth day is going to bring something better? It’s the exact same thing every damn time! I believe the term “insanity” fits into that logic. 

I don’t think Hyde has a say. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, KillerTofu said:

Does Hyde think that trotting the likes of Akin or Harvey out there every fifth day is going to bring something better? It’s the exact same thing every damn time! I believe the term “insanity” fits into that logic. 

How much say does Hyde have in deciding who's on the 26-man and who will pitch? I think of those as Elias decisions, but I don't know. 

It sure seems like nobody with any authority much cares, at least not enough to try something different.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Soler is gonna go deep here.  It's the only way.

Almost 8-0 nothing there.  I'm done with Akin at this point.  If I see his name as the starter I'm going to skip watching the game.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

You could say that for about 75% of this staff.  

I know.  But Akin was supposed to be someone that, you know, could have been part of our future, or something.  

Not that I expected anything from him, but there should be a difference between a guy like him and a guy like Eshelman.  And yet, there isn't. In fact, I'd prefer to watch Eshelman than Akin.  

Well, I have been working I turned on the game expecting something like 4-1 and was mildly surprised when it was only one to nothing.

Turned away to clean the kitchen, came back, it’s six to nothing, and I smile and say, “there we go…” Now I’m going to go on a walk with my wife, Maybe check out whoever is hopefully beating the Yankees and see how the Mariners are doing.

Edit: Only five to nothing at the moment. Right below that game on the scoreboard was Texas losing six to nothing to the jays, and I guess I got the two scores mixed, but, it doesn’t matter, they’ll be there soon enough.

Edited by Philip

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

How much say does Hyde have in deciding who's on the 26-man and who will pitch? I think of those as Elias decisions, but I don't know. 

It sure seems like nobody with any authority much cares, at least not enough to try something different.

I don't think Hyde has anything to do with his roster or who he has to start. that is all Elias and Syd. their computer programs tell them Akin was the best guy to start. It's a program that needs some more data.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know.  But Akin was supposed to be someone that, you know, could have been part of our future, or something.  

Not that I expected anything from him, but there should be a difference between a guy like him and a guy like Eshelman.  And yet, there isn't. In fact, I'd prefer to watch Eshelman than Akin.  

I hear you. 

This may sound silly but there is a difference between say a 5.25 ERA and what we are seeing with the starters outside of Means. It’s a touchdown with the extra point every game. It gets old. 

• Upvote 1