Thu Aug 19: early afternoon finale in Tampa

SteveA

Well, you start looking at how you are going to cover 8 innings today.   Let's say we get 3 out of Lopez, which might turn out to be optimistic.   Probably 2 from Connor Wade (and then maybe DFA him to bring up some other bum for the Atlanta series).   Probably don't want to use Tate for the second game in 21 hours, nor Sulser and Wells (our two best relievers) in a game that isn't close.  So maybe an inning each from Abad, Diplan, and Wynns?

1 minute ago, Surhoffan17 said:

What's going on with Lopez?  Not sure why the velocity is down.

I'm not watching the game today, but in his previous 2 or 3 starts, he just looks disinterested.  He looks annoyed and his body language is different.  Did I hear that he had some family issues (a death in the family?) that he is dealing with?  Maybe that would explain the disinterest in baseball.

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I'm not watching the game today, but in his previous 2 or 3 starts, he just looks disinterested.  He looks annoyed and his body language is different.  Did I hear that he had some family issues (a death in the family?) that he is dealing with?  Maybe that would explain the disinterest in baseball.

Could be.  His kid has Familial Mediterranean fever and has had it since birth.  The kid is awaiting an intestinal transplant.  Not sure if maybe it got worse recently or it's something else that's bothering Jorge.  

7 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

He has a child that has been undergoing chemotherapy.

But the trainer did come out in the first inning so there could be something physical too.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

He has a child that has been undergoing chemotherapy.

But the trainer did come out in the first inning so there could be something physical too.

And he's gone.  Abad in.  So we have to cover 6 innings of bullpen today.   Two each from Abad, Wade, and Diplan?   Assu;ming we don't make it close enough to want to use Sulser or Wells.   And if those 3 can't cover 6, then maybe Wynns for the 8th.

18 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Brandon Lowe is joining the long list of players that feast on Baltimore pitching.  We just can't seem to get him out.

Still getting revenge on the Orioles passing him up for three picks (DJ Stewart, Mountcastle and Jonathan Hughes who they didn't even sign) in the 2015 draft despite playing at the University of Maryland. 

44 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I see a Roch tweet that Urias and Sevvy let a foul ball fall in front of the dugout in Meadows AB before he walked.   How bad was that, anyone watching?

Probably as bad as Martin just dropping and ball that would have seen the runner thrown out before the Rays then scored two more runs. 

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Still getting revenged on the Orioles passing him up for three picks (DJ Stewart, Mountcastle and Jonathan Hughes who they didn't even sign) in the 2015 draft despite playing at the University of Maryland. 

No better revenge than living a happy life - unless it's humiliating the hometown team that didn't want you.

At least we got those two or three good weeks out of Stewart last year.