Cedric Mullins - 30/30 ?

RZNJ

On 9/10/2021 at 11:39 PM, O's84 said:

He's had a stretch where he hit 8 HR's and 7 SB's.  But that was over 26 games and we only have 22 games left.  It would be cool if he got it, though I don't expect it.  But in a miserable season, it's understandable to be greedy.

At this point I'm confident he'll get the 30 homers.  It's the steals I'm wondering about.

56 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

At this point I'm confident he'll get the 30 homers.  It's the steals I'm wondering about.

On the bright side it is easy to pad steals.  Get on base and go, regardless of the situation.

Would be a bit like missing a shot intentionally to get more offensive rebounds but it can be done.

47 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

On the bright side it is easy to pad steals.  Get on base and go, regardless of the situation.

Would be a bit like missing a shot intentionally to get more offensive rebounds but it can be done.

Maybe we'll see a few more bunts once he hits his 30th homer. I would hope he doesn't alter his swing to get more singles instead of XBHs.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Gotcha, I just meant running when it doesn't make sense to run.  I'm not expecting him to change anything that results in him getting on base.

Oh, that was what I thought you were talking about (altering hitting approach)--sorry.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I remember when Ricky Davis needed 1 more rebound to get a triple double.  So right before the buzzer sounded he purposely missed a shot at his own team's basketball and got the rebound which gave him a triple double.  But in the end it was disallowed.  Obviously this is not the same, but it reminded me of it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I remember when Ricky Davis needed 1 more rebound to get a triple double.  So right before the buzzer sounded he purposely missed a shot at his own team's basketball and got the rebound which gave him a triple double.  But in the end it was disallowed.  Obviously this is not the same, but it reminded me of it.

*Mullins needing 1 more steal*

“Bases loaded for Mullins here…There’s a deep fly ball to right field and it’s off the fence and bounces away! Jones will score, Gutierrez will score. Now three players collide in the field trying to get the ball! Wynns around third and he will score! Meanwhile, Mullins stays on first…”

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

If he's at 30 HR and 29 steals, I'm pretty sure he'll have the green light any time he's on base.  It's not like he's going to cost the O's a game and effect our playoff positioning.

Why shouldn't he run anyway even if Hyde puts out the red light?

Hyde going to bench him?  Call him out to the media?

Pfft.