Rutschman: Let’s Make a Deal

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Angels have sucked because, as an organization , they have made terrible moves and drafted and developed poorly.  

It’s not because of big contracts or anything like that.

The tide may be changing there though.

I think contracts like the ones awarded to Pujols and Hamilton have contributed to their woes.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

The Angels have sucked because, as an organization , they have made terrible moves and drafted and developed poorly.  

It’s not because of big contracts or anything like that.

The tide may be changing there though.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think contracts like the ones awarded to Pujols and Hamilton have contributed to their woes.

34 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes they have..but you can overcome bad contracts especially when you are a team that can spend a lot of money.

LOL SG's never been wrong, just ask him :)

CoC thinks he's never been wrong, either. 

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

For the most part, you should get rid of guys before they turn 30.  There are exceptions though.

I agree completely, and the chances of AR being an exception are unlikely enough that I would be amenable to signing him to seven or eight year deal, or a seven-year deal with an option, give him a significant but not absolute no trade clause, And then trade him at peak value, using the contract to increase his value to the new team.

Of course when the time comes to trade him at peak value, circumstances might be different, But it is certainly better to have the option or not.