Expert trolling by the Orioles' social media team

Babkins

5 hours ago, SteveA said:

Top 10 Orioles who are now just remembered as an Oriole for basically just ONE thing:

1) Robert Andino

2) Tito Landrum

3) Delmon Young

4) Ryan Minor

5) Brad Pennington

6) Jamie Quirk

7) Steve Bechler  ?

8 ) Tom Gastall

9) Tony Tarasco

10) Jack Cust

You forgot Pie and his chase after the errant batting helmet.  ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

Top 10 Orioles who are now just remembered as an Oriole for basically just ONE thing:

1) Robert Andino

2) Tito Landrum

3) Delmon Young

4) Ryan Minor

5) Brad Pennington

6) Jamie Quirk

7) Steve Bechler  ?

8 ) Tom Gastall

9) Tony Tarasco

10) Jack Cust

Jeff Reboulet known for owning Randy Johnson

To hit the warehouse, you would need to pull the ball. Rob Neustrom hit a reported 480 foot home run at Hartford this year. It was completely out of their stadium. That ball was straight away to RF. That would get it done. If he gets a mistake on the inner half, he could do it. He may not become a star, but he can hit the ball a long way. 

I would have thought a guy like Davis would have done, except he did not hit the inside pitch well.

https://twitter.com/BowieBaysox/status/1400307857036398593?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1400307857036398593|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.orioleshangout.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FBowieBaysox%2Fstatus%2F1400307857036398593

480 then you have to get it through the wind.  Wind comes into the stadium and swirls as it hits the warehouse.  It’s like surfing next to a jetty.  The warehouse asks like a jetty and picks up wind swell from all directions and bumps wind back towards the field.  It would take a monster blast, dead summer (for highest humidity & fewer oxygen molecules) and absolutely zero wind for a ball to even have a fighting chance.  IE. Day of homerun derby conditions and the leagues most elite left handed power hitter.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

480 then you have to get it through the wind.  Wind comes into the stadium and swirls as it hits the warehouse.  It’s like surfing next to a jetty.  The warehouse asks like a jetty and picks up wind swell from all directions and bumps wind back towards the field.  It would take a monster blast, dead summer (for highest humidity & fewer oxygen molecules) and absolutely zero wind for a ball to even have a fighting chance.  IE. Day of homerun derby conditions and the leagues most elite left handed power hitter.

Awesome description.   I'd never had the wind bumper dynamic explained before, but intuitively it makes perfect sense.

I also don't get it when anyone says X number of feet, because to me ground distance is somewhat meaningless with the target meaningfully higher than the plate.

Even if the X measurement is the hypotenuse, the Griffey guy should get credit of marginal feet ~450-500 that same bumper would stop.

Moving forward from the long held Correa dream, it did hit me yesterday with Elias' taste for strike zone control and left handed power that Joey Gallo is a 2023 free agent, and I believe grew up in Vegas with Bryce.

The August 1, 2023 99th percentile wish might be like:

CF Mullins, RF Harper*, 1B Mountcastle, DH Gallo, C Rutschman, LF Cowser, 3B Westburg, SS Henderson, 2B Urias

Grayson, John...can you make that work?   I believe Frobby has signed off on dealing Austin Hays for pitching, maybe one of Kim Ng's.

*Despite the 13-year, no trade grandstanding, I feel in a couple more summers that could become a feature, not a bug.   Dombrowski has to fail one of these days, right?

On 10/1/2021 at 1:17 PM, SteveA said:

1) Robert Andino

2) Tito Landrum

3) Delmon Young

4) Ryan Minor

5) Brad Pennington

6) Jamie Quirk

7) Steve Bechler  ?

8 ) Tom Gastall

9) Tony Tarasco

10) Jack Cust

If we're going to go back to Jamie Quirk and Tom Gastall, it's worth including John Stefero (back-to-back game winning hits in September of 1983).  

Here's a fun 5 minute read on him.

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/john-stefero/