2021 Orioles -- The QUIZ!

SteveA

7 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I got 41. My biggest misses were Ellis and Diplan. Some of these guys I must have missed. Who the hell is Jay Flaa?

A reliever who had been in our system for many years.  Got a callup in April and pitched in one game, then got sent back down.   Later he was one of our many DFAs this year as we constantly added guys to the 40 man roster to bring them up only to DFA them later to make room for new guys to bring up.  Claimed by the Braves and pitched in one game for them too.

I think we probably DFA'd about 15 to 20 of the 62 players who played for us this year.   Some of them got claimed by other teams, some didn't and returned to Norfolk.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

A reliever who had been in our system for many years.  Got a callup in April and pitched in one game, then got sent back down.   Later he was one of our many DFAs this year as we constantly added guys to the 40 man roster to bring them up only to DFA them later to make room for new guys to bring up.  Claimed by the Braves and pitched in one game for them too.

I think we probably DFA'd about 15 to 20 of the 62 players who played for us this year.   Some of them got claimed by other teams, some didn't and returned to Norfolk.

Had to be at least 22, right?   Or maybe slightly fewer due to guys on the 60-day DL.   But there are only 40 guys on the roster, so 22 have to have been somewhere else.  

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Had to be at least 22, right?   Or maybe slightly fewer due to guys on the 60-day DL.   But there are only 40 guys on the roster, so 22 have to have been somewhere else.  

We hid some guys on the 60 day IL too.  And Galvis was traded rather than DFA'd.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It was weird, he was one of the first ones I put down, along with Richie Martin.  They came mind really randomly.

I was doing it right after I had created the quiz and typed in all the names, to sort of beta test the quiz before releasing it.   So all the obscure ones were fresh in my mind from having noted them as I entered them.   So the first thing I did then the timer started was knock off a bunch of those... Burdi, Waddell, Flaa, Kriske, etc.   THEN I went through the positions, then I tried to do starters and relievers.   At that point I was well over 50 and still had plenty of time left and started trying to do guys based on the innings or ABs.   And DJ's high AB total stuck out and it took me over a minute, going back through all the positions, before I got him.

I wound up with 57 which sounds impressive but really isn't because I had JUST typed them all in.   I think the only position player I missed was Domingo Leyba.   The biggest inning total that I could never fill was 28, turned out to be Lakins.   And the other 3 I missed were obscure Ps.