Would you favor being able to trade the 1:1 pick?

Frobby

Among the major sports, I think baseball is the only one that doesn’t allow the trading of draft picks (with minor exceptions).   With the CBA up, this could be revisited.   Especially considering that we have the no. 1 pick, would you favor a CBA change allowing teams to freely trade their draft picks?

Personally, I am in favor.   

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Among the major sports, I think baseball is the only one that doesn’t allow the trading of draft picks (with minor exceptions).   With the CBA up, this could be revisited.   Especially considering that we have the no. 1 pick, would you favor a CBA change allowing teams to freely trade their draft picks?

Personally, I am in favor.   

It's never really made sense, especially now that they've put values on each pick. Teams should absolutely be able to trade draft picks.

Yes!  This year, Elias could have traded the 5th pick and gotten maybe the 10th pick and maybe a top 100 SS prospect.  Then Elias could have likely picked Cowser at #10.

It seems like it would benefit the O's because their analytics result in a different order of the top draft picks than the experts.  I guess we'll know in a few years if the O's analytics are right or wrong.