Who are the Orioles 2021 #13 and #14 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2021 #13 and #14 prospects?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2021 #13 and #14 prospects?

• Michael Baumann and Terrin Vavra
    • Carter Baumler and Kyle Bradish
    • Kyle Bradish and Terrin Vavra
    • Zac Lowther and Jean Pinto
    • Jean Pinto and Maikol Hernandez

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Ruzious said:

It sounds like Bauman isn't likely to stay a starter in the bigs.  But then again, I don't know if Bradish is either.  

To me Baumann looked awful. His FB, which was slower than advertised, was very straight. I don’t see ML pitcher with him. But put him in AAA and see if he can find some success. I don’t want guys like that to have a good option to make the team. 

16 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I don’t know, but I love our 10-20. There’s a lot of guys with a real chance in this group. Someone that Tony has lower will get close to his ceiling and shoot in the list next year. It is what it is. 

There are guys in the 2021 draft that have not shown up on the list yet who could very well be in the top ten next year with a good season next year. The big difference I see is a very high ceiling top 9, and more depth of players with a ceiling of an every day player.

18 hours ago, waroriole said:

To me Baumann looked awful. His FB, which was slower than advertised, was very straight. I don’t see ML pitcher with him. But put him in AAA and see if he can find some success. I don’t want guys like that to have a good option to make the team. 

Kind of reminded me of - dare I say it - early Mike Wright? Like Wright, Baumann had that nice debut (albeit in relief). But the fastball is straight and the secondary stuff looks iffy. Not ready to give up yet though, I think he'll have better command and mound presence than Wright ever did, and I think he still has a future as a reliever. 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Kind of reminded me of - dare I say it - early Mike Wright? Like Wright, Baumann had that nice debut (albeit in relief). But the fastball is straight and the secondary stuff looks iffy. Not ready to give up yet though, I think he'll have better command and mound presence than Wright ever did, and I think he still has a future as a reliever. 

Wright threw those first two games and had great results and showed mid 90's velocity.   He never really showed a good breaking pitch or changeup although the changeup wasn't horrible.    I didn't have a problem with Baumann's mound presence but I didn't care for his mechanics (I can't put it into words).   He seemed like he slinged the ball or his arm dragged behind his body.   I didn't see any secondaries that looked good and he didn't show good command of the fastball when I saw him.    The velocity was mostly 92-94.     He didn't strike me as a potential high leverage reliever or a back-end starter.   SSS.