Who are the Orioles 2021 #19 and #20 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2021 #19 and #20 prospects?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2021 #19 and #20 prospects?

• Felix Bautista - RHP and Brandon Young - RHP
    • Joey Ortiz - SS/2B and Terrin Vavra - 2B/CF
    • JD Mundy - 1B and Hudson Haskin - OF
    • John Rhodes - OF and Reed Trimble - OF
    • Creed Willems - C and Raul Rangel - RHP

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure you've covered this anywhere, but I'm curious as to who you think could make the biggest jump who's currently out of the top 15?

Well Baumler is #16 and if he pitches next year in Delmarva and looks good, he could jump up quickly. Outside of that, I'd say many of the 1st year guys could make a big jump with a good season. Look at Stowers. I almost didn't even want to put him on the list after watching his first pro season at Aberdeen, but two years later he's top 10.

It's so hard to make those evaluations with that early look. I did go back and watch some of the college guys in college to get a better feel, but its still not easy to make an accurate eval on them until we see that first full season.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well Baumler is #16 and if he pitches next year in Delmarva and looks good, he could jump up quickly. Outside of that, I'd say many of the 1st year guys could make a big jump with a good season. Look at Stowers. I almost didn't even want to put him on the list after watching his first pro season at Aberdeen, but two years later he's top 10.

It's so hard to make those evaluations with that early look. I did go back and watch some of the college guys in college to get a better feel, but its still not easy to make an accurate eval on them until we see that first full season.

For me that’s the most interesting question, who outside the top 20 could be in next year’s top 10?   I’d really love it if a pitcher emerged.   Raul Rangel?   Listed at 6’3”, 150 pounds, there’s a guy who with a good diet and exercise program might suddenly pop.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

For me that’s the most interesting question, who outside the top 20 could be in next year’s top 10?   I’d really love it if a pitcher emerged.   Raul Rangel?   Listed at 6’3”, 150 pounds, there’s a guy who with a good diet and exercise program might suddenly pop.  

After I do the top 30 I will do a piece on guys outside of the top 30 that have potential. Rangel is definitely a guy I have info and was following closely. 

• Thanks 1

We’ve seen everyone in the poll named in our top 30 except Mundy, Haskin, And Raul Rangel(who? haha). I’m piecing this together and thinking that the last 4 spots go,

27 - Mundy

28 - Haskin

29 - Rangel

30 - Watson

But I do remember that SS Darrel Hernaiz is @Tony-OH’s boy. 

Our system has reached the point where top pick or top prospect status doesn’t guarantee anything. See Grenier, Sedlock, Diaz, Peralta, Jones, and I’m not sure if Alex Wells is still eligible as a “prospect”. 

• Thanks 1