Top 10 Prospects

Yossarian

Shockingly, it's possible, but I wouldn't say it's likely.

Catcher: Rutschman. Will happen soon.

Pitchers: Rodriguez, Hall. Could happen this year.

Outfielders: Cowser, Stowers, Kjerstad.  Really depends on Kjerstad's health and performance. Assumes at least 1 of Hays and Mullins isn't around.

Infielders: Mayo, Henderson, Westburg, Norby. Presents a roster crunch issue here, but one could be a UIF or DH.

By capability, you can see it. By current roster construction, it seems like we'll trade from our outfielders and young infielders for this to happen. 

• Upvote 2

Very low. That said, we could very well see three of them (maybe 4) by the end of 2022 with Rutschman, Rodriguez and Stowers along with possible Westburg. I think by mid-2023, we could see those four plus Hall. So we could see several on the team at the same time, but with Mayo, Henderson, Westburg and Norby, there are four players for three spots. Maybe one is a utility guy or maybe one moves to 1B/DH...or maybe one (or more) don't pan out. 

With Cowser, Stowers, and Kjerstad, I'm not sure there's enough space on the roster unless Hays and Santander go somewhere. I think the later is more likely than the former. Eventually, it's Cowser, Hays, and Mullins with Stowers taking some ABs in the corners and at DH. I'm not sure Kjerstad fits unless one of the others falters. Now if we say top-8, I think that becomes a much better possibility...but still probably a long shot given not everyone of these guys is going to pan out. Plus, of course, trades to help with the pitching. 

4 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Shockingly, it's possible, but I wouldn't say it's likely.

Catcher: Rutschman. Will happen soon.

Pitchers: Rodriguez, Hall. Could happen this year.

Outfielders: Cowser, Stowers, Kjerstad.  Really depends on Kjerstad's health and performance. Assumes at least 1 of Hays and Mullins isn't around.

Infielders: Mayo, Henderson, Westburg, Norby. Presents a roster crunch issue here, but one could be a UIF or DH.

By capability, you can see it. By current roster construction, it seems like we'll trade from our outfielders and young infielders for this to happen. 

2022: Rutschman, Rodriguez, probably Stowers.

2023: Hall, Westburg

2024: Kjerstad, Cowser, Henderson 

2025: Norby, Mayo

I think those are conservative guesses as to when these players will be ready for the majors.  Some could be sooner than listed above.   There’s only two pitchers, both pretty close to the majors.   Obviously anything can happen, but for me the biggest issues are the health of Hall and Kjerstad.   I think all ten have major league talent, so injuries and trades are the things that will keep them from playing together.   

26 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm hoping Kjerstad does well next year and we see him sometime in 2023 at OPACY. Agree on Hall don't think we see him as an Oriole until 2023 assuming no additional major setbacks. 

I would love to see this as well but my guess is he will be slow played for a while since he's missed so much time and is coming back from a serious condition. 

5 minutes ago, hutchead said:

I would love to see this as well but my guess is he will be slow played for a while since he's missed so much time and is coming back from a serious condition. 

Given how long Kjerstad was out 2023 is an aggressive goal. I could see in a best case scenario where Kjerstad is back to full health, finds his swing quickly and works his way up the Orioles farm system fast thanks to his college pedigree.