Cedric on the block

connja

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

Gotta listen. Much as I love having him, he's NOT a 5 WAR player, he's not a 30 HR guy. He's a very great CFer but we have others.

Sell HIGH!

You might want to look at his stat line from last year.  He did both...so by definition yes he is a 5 WAR + 30 home run player.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, yark14 said:

You might want to look at his stat line from last year.  He did both...so by definition yes he is a 5 WAR + 30 home run player.

Thats what I was thinking. Mullin's a LH playing in Camden yards. 30 HR's is clearly something he can do going forward. 

Make the O's an offer they cant refuse. 

I hate to say it but I hope it happens assuming it’s a good deal. If they’re not even thinking about being competitive til 2024 or so then what’s the point in holding onto Mullins considering this could’ve been an outlier year for him and by the time Elias actually tries to field a major league team then Mullins will be a lot closer to free agency. 

Also, outside of Rodriguez, I’m realizing there’s no pitching on the way and that is needed badly. I don’t count Hall til he can stay healthy for an extended period of time. Trading Mullins could fix that. 

24 minutes ago, Justinlstn said:

I completely get it and I agree with listening to offers but man that would sting to lose Mullins. 

Cedric was one of the few reasons to watch the Orioles last year, but at the same time if you can flip Cedric for two good players and another one or two players that can contribute, then it's something Elias has to consider.

Even with their minor league system ranking high now the Orioles still need all the talent they can get. And anyone on the active roster should be available at the right price. 

They are trying to emulate the Rays business model and be able to maintain a wealth of talent in the farm system.  I’m anticipating that this “rebuild” will be closer to 2026 than 2023 as they continue to flip fringe all stars for multiple future pieces.

Pitching is nowhere near ready for the next step and SS/3B are still in a wait N’ see mode.  No way these two factors are likely to be found in the next two years with our current prospects.  We have a few potential pieces, but by no means is it a strength.

Flipping Means and Mullins could shore this thing up for us, and we would be selling high on Mullins.  The Rays have a great model as they deal their excess fringey all star talent but are willing to sign their own guys long term as well.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dbmillertime said:

They are trying to emulate the Rays business model and be able to maintain a wealth of talent in the farm system.  I’m anticipating that this “rebuild” will be closer to 2026 than 2023 as they continue to flip fringe all stars for multiple future pieces.

Pitching is nowhere near ready for the next step and SS/3B are still in a wait N’ see mode.  No way these two factors are likely to be found in the next two years with our current prospects.  We have a few potential pieces, but by no means is it a strength.

Flipping Means and Mullins could shore this thing up for us, and we would be selling high on Mullins.  The Rays have a great model as they deal their excess fringey all star talent but are willing to sign their own guys long term as well.  

If they think 2026 they should trade Rutschman now 

45 minutes ago, dbmillertime said:

Did the Rays flip any 5 WAR players prior to arbitration?

12 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Why not Hays too?

Cause other teams can probably read an IL history report.

11 hours ago, yark14 said:

I looked at his stat line from last year.  Can he do it year in, year out?  One season doesn't mean it's a harbinger of more seasons like that to come.  For every consistent guy like Mike Trout, there's 20 or 30 '85 Mike Young types littered on the landscape.

If Cedric is a 5+ WAR, 30 home run player in 2022, fine, we can agree he's that type of player.  But let's not pretend one fantastic season means this is who he is.

Was Brady Anderson a 50 home run guy?  You can say he was for a year.

• Upvote 1