Orioles signing Rougned Odor

Yardball85

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So the Yankees last year picked Odor up to be a LH bat to balance out their lineup. Why is that not the same logic for us this year?  The NYY were trying to win a WS. Meanwhile we won 52 games last year.

So why would the Yankees let him come here?  Wouldn't they be hot to re-sign him?

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So if we gave Josh Harrison 2/20 would people like that deal?  This is hilarious. 

No, that would also be dumb.

Everything in your world seems to be that everything will work out. It’s a good outlook to have but you aren’t being realistic.

All the evidence has been given to you why there is no reason to think he will be good.  You can either trust actual evidence and results or go with fairy tales and hope.  That’s up to you.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Right.  So he's not been good in six years.  Maybe this will be the year, right?  

With that logic, the Yankees should have jumped on him for a one year deal.  

Now it’s six years, I thought it was two years?  With one year being a 40 game season. 

So why could Schoop and Villar bounce back at age 27, but Odor can’t? 

Does everyone realize that Odor, Mateo, Urias, Martin, and Gutierrez are only separated by months in age?  So how is Odor “done” but those players are young and up and coming?

10 hours ago, Matt Bennett said:

Don’t know why anyone is up in arms. Major league minimum. They definitely needed a warm body or 2 for the infield. Not going to go into the year with Urias, Mateo, and Gutierrez as your starters. You need more than 3 major leaguers for the 2,000 at bats that will go to the Orioles 2B, 3B, and SS. If all 3 of them are major leaguers to begin with. Those claiming Odor is blocking somebody is laughable. Did these people watch Richie Martin and Jahmai Jones last year? Good grief. 

Odor can jack a few homers. Homers are fun. 

I think the bolded is the key.  Many of us are tired of "warm bodies" and think it's time we tried to begin signing/acquiring actual good MLB players.

As others have mentioned, it's really not the singular move that's the issue.  It's what the move seems to represent - another year of making no effort to field a competitive team.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Now it’s six years, I thought it was two years?  With one year being a 40 game season. 

So why could Schoop and Villar bounce back at age 27, but Odor can’t? 

Does everyone realize that Odor, Mateo, Urias, Martin, and Gutierrez are only separated by months in age?  So how is Odor “done” but those players are young and up and coming?

Are you banking on Odor "bouncing back?"  Simple yes or no.  

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

None of those guys are good either.  Urias can maybe be a low-end second baseman.  Maybe.  The rest are filler except that Mateo is really fast.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Are you banking on Odor "bouncing back?"  Simple yes or no.  

I view Odor as a waiver wire claim/reclamation project. If he excels, then good. If not, we cut bait and for the league min. 

Don’t we always talk about convincing reclamation projects to sign here for cheap?  Didn’t we just do that. I get it, he’s not everyone’s pet reclamation project. 

8 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I think the bolded is the key.  Many of us are tired of "warm bodies" and think it's time we tried to begin signing/acquiring actual good MLB players.

As others have mentioned, it's really not the singular move that's the issue.  It's what the move seems to represent - another year of making no effort to field a competitive team.

I am confused, does signing Odor on November 30 mean the offseason is done?

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

@Sports Guyis just taking the board of the rails because we didn’t commit 75 million to Steve Matz and Josh Harrison. 

Talk about moving the needle. If we had signed those two, consider the amount of temp workers we’d have to hire to answer phones at the box office for playoff tickets. 

Lol..do you know how to read?  And if you do, do you know how to take those thoughts and comprehend them and understand what they mean?