MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know who this guy is but I wonder if there is any validity to what he is saying?

https://twitter.com/_therealdrose/status/1498412123717713920?s=21

Would put an interesting spin on Jeter walking away.

I can see it, mostly smaller market teams and/or teams that have changed ownership recently.

This would be the first CBA for four of those teams?

57 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know who this guy is but I wonder if there is any validity to what he is saying?

https://twitter.com/_therealdrose/status/1498412123717713920?s=21

Lol, those are all the small market teams. Complete and obvious stooge for either the players and big market owners who are probably in agreement. 

Like I said earlier and was scoffed at by some, the big market teams and players want the same thing. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol, those are all the small market teams. Complete and obvious stooge for either the players and big market owners who are probably in agreement. 

Like I said earlier and was scoffed at by some, the big market teams and players want the same thing. 

Tampa wasn't listed, nor the Brewers.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Tampa wasn't listed, nor the Brewers.

I didn't say they were all the small market teams, but mostly. The Tigers aren't small market either and I'm betting it has a lot more to do with making small market teams hit a floor or pay more to to sub par veterans than it does with just those owners not caring about the fans. Face it, none of the owners care about the fans only how to drain the fan of as much money as possible.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't think that guy knows anything and he's what you said a stooge.  This guy doesn't have any insider connections. 

I absolutely hate that the playoffs are expanding to 12 teams if tonight's reports are accurate but at least the league didn't get their desired 14 team playoffs, I guess. Under that format, the 82-80 Phillies would have made it in last year so it would clearly not be totally unthinkable that we could have .500 (or maybe even a game or two UNDER .500) World Series champions at some point since playoff baseball is such a crapshoot, which would obviously be a complete joke.

Having as many wildcards as division winners just doesn't exactly feel all that "wild" to me :noidea:

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don’t know you can tell by his profile picture that he’s a deep thinker. 😂